BTW- great weekend for VAR and referees! | Vital Football

BTW- great weekend for VAR and referees!

tomytony

Vital Champions League
'Forgetting' to draw the lines on an offside - a bit like a chef forgetting to cook te food and sending out an empty plate -except that the chef would be sacked.
Another incompetent at the Lane,wrong, baffling decisions all over the country
Apparently Howard Webb has already phoned Brighton and Arsenal to 'explain.
You don't 'explain incompetence you take decisive action and get rid.

Just how bad has the officiating become and, more importantly, how can it be improved?

I'm afraid its what happens anytime you no longer invest someone with the obligation to do their job properly. Another layer above them, and another layer above that, and then a committee to make sure no one person must bear the blame.

And what is it exactly that happens when you place the responsibility in the hands of these people. "If you get it wrong, what do you lose.? Money, job, reputation.?". Nope, nothing at all..

Put somat up on Twitter this morning after watching motd absolutely criminal some of the decisions heads should roll and all officials retrained in the use of var the technology isn’t the problem it’s the clowns using it and their interpretation of it,it’s supposed to reverse clear and obvious mistakes but there aren’t any anymore as officials refuse to make a decision and let var sort it that’s not what it’s there for to see if someones toenail is offside,make a decision and if it’s wrong but not clear and obvious go with the onfield decision what’s so fuckin difficult about that if you can’t decide on one look in 30 seconds it’s not clear and obvious so go with the onfield decision 🤷‍♂️
and as for not putting the flag up when they’re clearly offside boils my piss someone will get seriously injured desperately defending a ball that doesn’t need it sooner or later if it’s close let it go but when it’s feet or yards ffs just put the fuckin flag up 🤬🤬🤬:rant:

I'm afraid its what happens anytime you no longer invest someone with the obligation to do their job properly. Another layer above them, and another layer above that, and then a committee to make sure no one person must bear the blame.

And what is it exactly that happens when you place the responsibility in the hands of these people. "If you get it wrong, what do you lose.? Money, job, reputation.?". Nope, nothing at all..
Onion skin management is what I call that,layer after layer of authority that leaves no one with the ultimate responsibility.
Worked for an international hotel company with that system. Asked the hotel accountant one day which account a certain expense went into.He didn't know -" head office do that-I just send them the invoice"! " What am I paying you for then?" was my response.

As for officiating at the actual game then I'm at a loss as so many were at BDBL yesterday and are at so many other games.The standard is poor but, again, as you say, I suppose there is no adequate sanction for poor performance.It's even compounded by dropping them down a league which only punishes the teams participating in the match they referee.

A great vindication for anyone who claims football's bent just now in the Juve v Fiorentina game.

Late Fiorentina equaliser ruled out for the tiniest marginal offside arguably obstructing the goalkeeper - a perfect example of a goal that pre VAR would have stood 100% of the time with no one raising an eyebrow. Maybe the odd pundit would make a minor point about it, but you wouldn't dwell on it, even if your team are on the end of it - you simply concede it as an unavoidable reality of preserving the game in its only pure form.

and then the Tevez saga, be interesting to see how ManCity are dealt with.
There was also Benitez playing a massively weakened team at Fulham when we got the point at Charlton.
And they wondered why I refused to shake Ferguson and Robson's hands when hosting a do for them at the hotel:oops:
Man City-4 years of legal wrangling - and a lot of other clubs rewriting their accounts.

I feel a bit sorry for the Gooners, but I wonder where all this media outrage was and the demands for a replay when VAR ripped us off on more than one occasion as well as Villa steeling all the points when someone 'forgot' to switch the goal-line technology on? That decision was easy, a purely black and white case. Technology failed, the goal WAS a goal and the score should been corrected or the game replayed.

I feel a bit sorry for the Gooners, but I wonder where all this media outrage was and the demands for a replay when VAR ripped us off on more than one occasion as well as Villa steeling all the points when someone 'forgot' to switch the goal-line technology on? That decision was easy, a purely black and white case. Technology failed, the goal WAS a goal and the score should been corrected or the game replayed.
Didn't it end in a draw?