BST Meeting | Page 2 | Vital Football

BST Meeting

SeasideEssexXile - 27/9/2016 07:32

I'm of the simple opinion on this, the O's aren't going anywhere. You either go to watch Blackpool FC (they are not Oyston FC) or you don't.

I keep saying it, out of the last 38 years the last 9 have been spent out of the bottom 2 leagues.

On Saturday the same faces from 40 years ago were still there.
Too many people saying "it's because the O's are suing fans that's why I'm not going, "- we all know personally from this board how horrible and nasty some of those people are.
It's an excuse for a lot because some don't want to watch lower league football. The increase of fans came in the last 9 years.

Money donated to the TKs gone missing, police involved. The persecution of 1 woman for going as she's a BST committee member (she was at Crewe) is nothing worse than the same fans allege the O's of doing.

If the O's pulled out tomorrow our crowds would average 5000 at best in this division, there's as much chance of these stayaways coming back in their droves as there is a new owner waiting in the wings to buy the club.

Call it 1000 STH's at £260 a head, it's nothing out of the squillions that's been made and "invested wherever", the O's can sustain it for years, you have to accept that or don't go. Me, I' going as I have done for the last 50 yrs and hopefully for many more.

I don't tell people to stop smoking or to give up betting or drinking that's their habit of choice, watching BFC is mine.
RE PM 5 months ago Sexy! seems like your contradicting yourself here mate!

Steve, it's not a contradictory opinion, moreover a "doublethink"

Dictionary definition: The act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts.[1] Doublethink is related to, but differs from, hypocrisy and neutrality. Also related is cognitive dissonance, in which contradictory beliefs cause conflict in one's mind. Doublethink is notable due to a lack of cognitive dissonance — thus the person is completely unaware of any conflict or contradiction.

Sorry Sexxyboy, you're one of the good 'uns! :grins:

53CODGER - 28/9/2016 16:53

I know what I said, I can't atone for you being mutton jeff!

I can't atone for you not reading my post properly. You were drowned out by laughing at levels much higher than them heard at Doomfield Road any matchday! :rofl:

For your homework please learn the meanings of "atone" and "assignation", there's a good Donkeycodgerbremendevonlad.

Meanwhile Codge/Donkey/Bremen thinks we'll oust the Oystons by getting them to have to pay for extra stewarding if fans fill the ground. Let's have a think about that.....

Maybe 20 extra stewards at £100 a game = £2,000 cost to the Oystons

10,000 extra fans at £25 a game = £250,000 into the Oystons pockets...

No Codge, I'm just not seeing it I'm afraid :grins:

The point is that banner waving OUTSIDE the ground is ignored but get fans inside all chanting OYSTON OUT will have more effect on media coverage. plus the fact that we do hit and run tactics so they never know which matches to get extra stewards and police.
Plus all using the urinals will add to water bill.
However my suggestion comes under LATERAL THINKING and will be POO POOED!

BobHatton - 28/9/2016 23:28

Meanwhile Codge/Donkey/Bremen thinks we'll oust the Oystons by getting them to have to pay for extra stewarding if fans fill the ground. Let's have a think about that.....

Maybe 20 extra stewards at £100 a game = £2,000 cost to the Oystons

10,000 extra fans at £25 a game = £250,000 into the Oystons pockets...

No Codge, I'm just not seeing it I'm afraid :grins:[/QUOTE

£100 a game for a steward?! :eek:

I think it's nearer to £30-£40, but point taken.

Wow, I don't know how places like the Nou Camp or Wembley can continue to operate at a profit, according to Codger/Bremen//Devon (sorry I forget his other aliases) every time you have a wee at the ground it costs the club £10k a time! :rofl:

None or very little chanting Tuesday, we were all far too busy watching a good game of football ,and clapping our team......At the end of the day that is why we go in the first place to support our team.Not hurl abuse. :clap:

premier 1 - 29/9/2016 09:19

None or very little chanting Tuesday, we were all far too busy watching a good game of football ,and clapping our team......At the end of the day that is why we go in the first place to support our team.Not hurl abuse. :clap:

There weren't enough of you Oyston sycophants there to create a chant or make any noise...You are still lining the pockets of the greedy family. :bang:

premier 1 - 29/9/2016 09:19

Yeah I've seen the videos, a wall of sound! :rofl:

Donkeybremencodgerdevon, get into him! :rocky:

All is fine in Premierselfishtw*tland! :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: