BST Meeting | Vital Football

BST Meeting

Layton_Seasider

Vital Football Hero
Malcolm Clarke, Football Supporters Chairman spoke for some considerable time about their involvement in effecting change at places like AFC Wimbledon and Hull Tigers/City and gave a glimmer of hope that some meaningful progress could be achieved through these bodies.

£5,000 raised for Parky from the Brett game.

Then there was the president of the Blue Union Supporters group, an Everton fan who spoke with much Scouse passion and said they, The People's Club, were right behind Blackpool as are Liverpool and they want to get some serious backing at some future event.

There was also a long debate about one of the committee members, Karen, the one of the 9 Committee Members who still attends games. I can expand later if you want more flesh on the bones.

FPG are trying to muscle in on our meetings and after they failed to answer one single question of a list of 10 put to them by the BST Committee they will in all likelihood be told in no uncertain terms to sling their fecking hook when we all get balloted.

Then there was a crazy old man called Donkey/Codger/Devon/Bremen or something like that who went down like a lead balloon or as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. He said we should all pay to go to the matches and the BST Committee member should be backed.

:rofl:

Sadder than the fact there are more than a 1,000 mushrooms still funding the vile family is that there is a waning interest in BST, for me the true ethical fans of Blackpool FC, not the selfish, give not one shit about anyone but themselves and the continuation of the funding of the vile family's suing fund.

Blackpool FC is no longer. :nope:

premier 1 - 20/9/2016 16:08

What one considers crazy another may consider wise ...

Most would consider you crazy! :tophat:

I see you're still going down well (NOT) over on AVFTT:

"On a personal level I'd love to smash the hell out of w&nkers like john40, NKS et al. C@nts everyone of them."

Are you really that obnoxious a human Prem? Your councillor "friends" in Kirkham North constituency thought the same about you and forced you to step down after changing sides!

I can see that coming here, help to destroy our club with your selfish actions then move on!!! :bang: :lash: :tophat:

Im very Saddned to hear that Karen is still attending home games if that is the case and if its the same person I was quite critical to her about going last year but the 2 year deal was the point put to me and as that doesn't exist this year then I would love to hear why she thinks she needs to attend. How can you be a committee member and be part of the guiding principles they agree eg the boycott and then attend games. I just don't get it!

I really can't grasp why anyone would line them lots pockets, but that is just my own opinion which is probably matched by the circa 13,000 regulars of not long ago who no longer attend who hold the same opinion.

Take away the 1,000 from the 40,000 who were in attendance at Wembley in May 2010 and add in them that live abroad or were too old, ill or other reasons and then you get this very small minority who are making it worse, much worse. Worst of all is some of them try to defend it.

Please scroll past if that's not your opinion. I feel there is a very clear divide in the fan base. Another possibly unpopular opinion with even some of the ethical boycotting fans: I actually enjoy Oystain FC losing. It doesn't hurt any more.

I'm of the simple opinion on this, the O's aren't going anywhere. You either go to watch Blackpool FC (they are not Oyston FC) or you don't.

I keep saying it, out of the last 38 years the last 9 have been spent out of the bottom 2 leagues.

On Saturday the same faces from 40 years ago were still there.
Too many people saying "it's because the O's are suing fans that's why I'm not going, "- we all know personally from this board how horrible and nasty some of those people are.
It's an excuse for a lot because some don't want to watch lower league football. The increase of fans came in the last 9 years.

Money donated to the TKs gone missing, police involved. The persecution of 1 woman for going as she's a BST committee member (she was at Crewe) is nothing worse than the same fans allege the O's of doing.

If the O's pulled out tomorrow our crowds would average 5000 at best in this division, there's as much chance of these stayaways coming back in their droves as there is a new owner waiting in the wings to buy the club.

Call it 1000 STH's at £260 a head, it's nothing out of the squillions that's been made and "invested wherever", the O's can sustain it for years, you have to accept that or don't go. Me, I' going as I have done for the last 50 yrs and hopefully for many more.

I don't tell people to stop smoking or to give up betting or drinking that's their habit of choice, watching BFC is mine.

SeasideEssexXile - 27/9/2016 07:32

I'm of the simple opinion on this, the O's aren't going anywhere. You either go to watch Blackpool FC (they are not Oyston FC) or you don't.

I keep saying it, out of the last 38 years the last 9 have been spent out of the bottom 2 leagues.

Too many people saying "it's because the O's are suing fans that's why I'm not going, "- we all know personally from this board how horrible and nasty some of those people are.
It's an excuse for a lot because some don't want to watch lower league football. The increase of fans came in the last 9 years.

Money donated to the TKs gone missing, police involved. The persecution of 1 woman for going as she's a BST committee member (she was at Crewe) is nothing worse than the same fans allege the O's of doing.

If the O's pulled out tomorrow our crowds would average 5000 at best in this division, there's as much chance of these stayaways coming back in their droves as there is a new owner waiting in the wings to buy the club.

Call it 1000 STH's at £260 a head, it's nothing out of the squillions that's been made and "invested wherever", the O's can sustain it for years, you have to accept that or don't go. Me, I' going as I have done for the last 50 yrs and hopefully for many more.

I don't tell people to stop smoking or to give up betting or drinking that's their habit of choice, watching BFC is mine.
Best true post this year : :tup:

premier 1 - 27/9/2016 08:18

SeasideEssexXile - 27/9/2016 07:32

Best true post this year : :tup:

You would say that, you're in the minority who indulges in the dirty little habit! :tophat:

Most people need will power to stop their habits.
When I smoked and I did heavily I stopped mid fag.
Ive got the will power to stop doing things that I want to. Even with all the chite surrounding the club Im still wanting to go. I want our team to win every game.

I'd love the Os to go but it ain't hallening anytime soon. I've accepted that and most odople syill going have too.

Dave, I really don't need to say that I respect yourself and other's who go, I'm never going to say I support that but again that's a point of view thing.

As I've said on another thread, most of my time following Blackpool was 3rd and 4th division football. If I was one of the glory hunters I'd never log on to a Blackpool forum again, support another team (which I 100% guarantee some of the mushrooms will do at some point) or even attend meetings and do all the things supporting the fans a lot of us who perhaps you uber fans don't class as being Blackpool fans.

The Oystain's will go. We are united in hoping it's sooner rather than later.

The BST committee person is perhaps being singled out because to most people who haven't totally lost their morals think it goes against the very principles the committee stands for. Massive conflict of interest.

If people continue to smoke and blow it under your nose when you're trying to eat then it is only fair they are forced to partake in exhaling clouds of carcinogens away from them that don't want to endure cancer treatment. To do otherwise is like saying freedom of choice should allow people to smoke heroin on a school bus!

A couple of other points. There was one person stealing money out of a sizeable group. Small percentages!

We have a family running the club who have racked up charges for rape, fly tipping, defamation, bringing the club into disrepute, FA charges, ongoing legal claims . . . You get the gist!

These nasty people, Frank Knight posting something on Facebook to a handful of friends.

A man on a disability scooter now being hounded!

You get the gist.

Sammy brown kecks flicking the v's, tennis racket social media pictures, cash cow social media pics, F***wit special needs, Operation Conference, millions taken out of the club and 3 relegations. It's much more than a couple of nasty men being sued. Much more!

I don't see a problem with Karen still going as BST policy is that attendance should remain a matter of personal choice. Sexy's post is well reasoned but I personally feel that a total boycott by home fans supported by away supporters too would do the trick with even the most bloody minded of owners. To achieve this we first need a near total boycott from home supporters. I can't see this happening but will continue to argue the case. It is easy for me as an exile to boycott home games but much harder for folk living locally to break the habit of a lifetime and, if they make the judgement that such protests are likely to be ineffectual, then that is their call. What I don't want to see is our fan base bitterly divided over this issue. Perhaps a total boycott of one game with the support of sympathetic opponents might attract a huge amount of media coverage?

I agree Bear - its heartbreaking to see Pool fans v Pool fans there's few enough of us as there is.
The Os have lost a generation that took 31yrs to get back.
I dont think a total boycott will ever work. The Os are too stubborn to walk away. Its not apathy on my part perhaps a resignation that they have enough £ to run the club on 0 attendance.
The fams divde has already worked by them. I heard 65 at the last BST meeting.
Again tbe mumbers of 0000's boycotting becaise of tbe Os is overexaggerated IMO. Its all about the level of football being played ontbat point OO nailed it.

Layton Seasider, Please don't misquote what I said at the meeting. your write'
Then there was a crazy old man called Donkey/Codger/Devon/Bremen or something like that who went down like a lead balloon or as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. He said we should all pay to go to the matches and the BST Committee member should be backed.

we all want the Oilstains out and what I proposed was that we could cause them serious financial costs by getting them on the run by ALL going into a chosen game then missing a couple of games then all attending a couple. That way the obnoxious ones would not know what level of stewarding or policing was needed and the protests could be vocal from within the ground.

If you misquote me again I may do an Oilstain on you and sue for character assignation!!
:fuu:

You do know I was sat right behind you and heard exactly what you said and you do know I spoke to you afterwards? You said nothing of the sort. Granted you did say we should all keep going but whether I missed the bit about one game only due to you being laughed at and jeered may have drowned out the other bit you claim to have said! :rofl: