BSC Young Boys v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Wednesday 25th October 2023 - KO. 20:00 GMT. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

BSC Young Boys v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Wednesday 25th October 2023 - KO. 20:00 GMT. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Sir Bobby Charlton MBE, deserves respect from all fans
I have been a Manchester City virtually all my life. I remember seeing the headline in the Manchester Evening News - Busby 50/50 - It did not matter that Matt Busby managed United, it does not matter to me that Bobby Charlton played football for Old Trafford.
I am bemused by fans from all over the Country booed Sterling and Grealish and confused why England fans boo Maguire or the Anfield lot boo the national anthem, but it does hurt when City fans lower themselves and not only bring shame on our Great Club but embarrass the majority of our great fans with some unwanted unwarranted chants. Sir Bobby Charlton deserves our respect, may he rest in peace and we send our condolences to his family at this sad time.
BSC Young Boys are a Swiss professional sports club based in Bern, Switzerland. Its first team has won sixteen Swiss league championships and eight Swiss Cups. YB is one of the most successful Swiss football clubs internationally, reaching the semi-finals of the European Cup in the 1958–59 season. The club's colours are yellow of a golden shade and black. (info wiki) Raphaël Wicky is the coach and basically, we have never played them before and it will be back to back opponents in the Champions League.
The Official Manchester City site in their Matchday Centre (www.mancity.com)
special guests David James, Keith Curle and Paul Dickov on the latest Matchday Live show, offering their expert insight at half-time and in greater detail after the final whistle. They will also answer viewer questions throughout the broadcast, with audience participation actively encouraged on Matchday Live. To get in touch, send a WhatsApp to: +447537186538. During the game you can listen to live audio commentary from Alistair Mann and Andy Morrison

City Team News
Kevin De Bruyne is missing, Manual Akanji is available and Ederson should return between the sticks, but like most fans we have every confidence in Ortega should he remain between the sticks.

Best Guess
Ederson
Walker, Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rodri, Alvarez Bernardo
Doku, Haaland, Foden

Match Officials
Referee:

Morten Krogh DEN
Assistant referees: D. Wollenberg Rasmussen DEN, Steffen Bramsen DEN
Fourth official: Peter Kjærsgaard DEN
Video Assistant Referee: Paolo Valeri ITA

Next
Them v US - Premier League - Sunday 29th Oct 23,
NB 15:30 BST

Last edited:
Well said Buzz :clap: Sr Bobby Charlton was a legend from my boyhood and deserves respect from all fans of the game. It makes no odds to me that he played for U*d. He was an absolute gentleman, a decent person on top of being a fantastic footballer and ambassador for the sport. I hide all City fans in attendance at the derby next weekend display the same impeccable behaviour that they showed when we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster at Old Trafford when we were managed by Sven (& we get the same result).

I just hope we adapt to their artificial pitch and come home with the points and no injuries. My only favourite Rag was Best, but full respects to Sir Bobby, I have no time for dickhead chants, it only brings shame on all of us.

Going to pop this here becasue it’s breaking …

I dont think anyone has had a points deduction and there was no points deduction for Chelsea, just a fine, I think the writer is a dip and working on the worst scenario, why not expulsion from the League, why hold back, I wonder if Everton are being sacrificed in the lead up to an unlikely City conviction.

I dont think anyone has had a points deduction and there was no points deduction for Chelsea, just a fine, I think the writer is a dip and working on the worst scenario, why not expulsion from the League, why hold back, I wonder if Everton are being sacrificed in the lead up to an unlikely City conviction.
Think you’re right about it being worse-case scenario. I very much doubt it will come to that.

This is probably true (about author being a Dip fan).

CITY: Ederson, Lewis, Akanji, Dias (C), Ake, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Nunes, Grealish, Doku, Haaland. Subs: Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Walker, Phillips, Stones, Alvarez, Bernardo, Gomez, Gvardiol, Foden, Bobb, Hamilton

I am not sure I like the team selection but I think Pep has Sunday on his mind and wants to try and get minutes in everyone's legs except 'Porky'

I am not sure I like the team selection but I think Pep has Sunday on his mind and wants to try and get minutes in everyone's legs except 'Porky'
I think he definitely has Sunday in mind. Phillips' absence continues to baffle.....the lad must be wondering what he has to do to earn a start.

CITY REPORTER NEIL LEIGH IN SWITZERLAND 🗣​

Exciting to see Jack Grealish back in the starting line up here in Switzerland tonight with Jeremy Doku also named in Pep’s starting eleven.
The boss was asked bout Jack’s injury hit start to the season at his pre-match press conference and about his hopes that he could go on to replicate last season’s wonderful form.
The boss was unequivocal in his response, hailing Grealish’s ‘unique’ qualities – but stressed that the England international needed the regular rhythm of games to really find his stride after almost a month out with a leg injury.
Tonight affords him a great platform to demonstrate his special talent.
Can’t wait to see how he goes.