Brugge v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 19th October 2021 - KO. 17:45BST. Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brugge v Manchester City - UEFA Champions League - Tuesday 19th October 2021 - KO. 17:45BST. Preview and MDT

CITY XI: Ederson; Walker, Dias (C), Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez
Substitutes: Steffen, Carson, Ake, Sterling, Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Palmer

CITY XI: Ederson; Walker, Dias (C), Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez
Substitutes: Steffen, Carson, Ake, Sterling, Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Palmer

I did have Jesus instead of Mahrez who had a relative poor game by his standards against Burnley

Dias looks a born leader...
Richard Dunne says he is full of admiration for Ruben Dias's leadership skills...

"The way he has come in and settled in, and also taken that leadership role is fantastic.

"He has the leadership qualities to carry a club the size of this one even though he is still so young.

"He looks as rock solid as ever. He is the leader, he can be the captain for the next ten years."

Andy Morrison on the link between Joao Cancelo and Bernardo Silva who started out alongside each other at the age of 12 in Benfica's Academy:

"There’s always going to be that bond there and that trust between the two. That plays a huge part in football.

"Coming from such a young age together, they will trust each other.

Pep's pre-match thoughts... ⬇️
City boss Pep Guardiola was full of praise for Club Brugge when discussing tonight's opponents at Monday's press conference...

“It’s the most important team in Belgium now.

“Belgium, for the last ten 15 years, creates top talent. You see the national team, the physicality, courage and talent.

“The holding midfielders, central defenders are aggressive. They play direct and have quality in the final third.

“We knew it before the draw. When we got the draw, I said: ‘Wow. They are tough’, and they got a good result against Leipzig.

“The next two games are so important for us and them as well of course.”

Pep's praise for Rodrigo
The boss was also asked about Rodri's fine start to the season at Monday's press conference and was quick to praise the way our Spanish international is going about his business...

"What is important to be a holding midfield is to be always stable: 7, 8, 7, 8. It's not nice to have a big 10 performance and then a 2 or 3. Maybe wingers or strikers can do it but for a holding midfielder it’s not good.

"I think now he’s so stable, he’s always paying attention and he's realising what we are looking for because sometimes you need time to understand what we are looking for.

"We are more than satisfied. We knew it when we went to him at Atletico, he's growing and hopefully he can be a better player.

“It depends on him and if he opens his mind and understands what he has to do, because he still has the margin to be a better player and, hopefully, we can help him."

I will be distracted initially by the timing of our dinner and the decision by our chosen grocery provider to schedule their delivery between 6-7pm 🙄 (I had forgotten the early KO time Hitting)

I will be distracted initially by the timing of our dinner and the decision by our chosen grocery provider to schedule their delivery between 6-7pm 🙄 (I had forgotten the early KO time Hitting)
You need to get your priorities straight, you can miss a meal but forsaking CITY is unacceptable.Hitting

John Edwards in Brugge:

"Our shooting boots are firmly on tonight.

"As always, the players complete their warm-up by firing shots at Zack Steffen and Scott Carson and there have been plenty to admire, with Joao Cancelo picking out the top corner and Jack Grealish fizzing a half volley under the goalkeeper.

"Then it's onto one final, short, sharp drill with the fitness coach and away down the tunnel to get ready for the game. We're moments away! "