Bruce Waxes Lyrical About Our Premiership Class Player | Vital Football

Bruce Waxes Lyrical About Our Premiership Class Player

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Steve Bruce rightly waxing lyrical about Snoddy.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524226">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Yep, turned out better than I thought. If he was a bit better on his right hand side then he's be a killer. Think our movement going forwards has improved since Agnew arrived, and that gives him, and others, loads more chances.

Yes I agree re the movement. Elmo's run was brilliant on Tuesday as it wrong footed the two players in front of Snoddy and gave him room to shoot.

Top player, I called for us to sign him during the first window under Bruce however he bought Hourihane at the time who I thought was the similar version.

The other thing with Snoddy is unlike some other large ego type players we’ve had like him - N’Zgobia & Ayew to name two - he puts the shift in at the back and get some behind the ball which helps Elmo or Hutton out. It’s not something people notice with a player like snoddy, even when he wasn’t doing the business for us at the top end he’s always done the dirty work.

His lack of pace is actually working well. He’s comfortable holding the ball up, he’s a good ball carrier but what he allows is Elmo to get around him and whip quality balls in.

Him and Elmo work well down the right.

Another feature is his competitiveness in the air. When no Davis Sam J will always try to pick out Snodgrass. It's not a bad outlet at times.