Bring Back Pellers & Get Rid Of Coco The Clown | Vital Football

Bring Back Pellers & Get Rid Of Coco The Clown

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
The Pep Guardiola revolution really is quite underwhelming isn't it? I say bring back Manuel Pellegrini or even Roberto Mancini and at the same get rid of our dodgy keeper, Coco the Clown.

1st February 2016 was a mementos day, a day etched in my memory banks, the day Manchester City FC announced Pep Guardiola was coming, the day we knew Manuel Pellegrini was going to get the chop. The day I’ll never forget. In fact I do remember feeling a tad giddy with excitement - MCFC were drafting in the best manager / coach in the world.

Fast forward to New Year’s Day 2017 and I find myself criticising the Messiah, wow, I never thought the day would come. But I have to say what many of us Blues are thinking, especially after an horrendous performance and humiliating defeat against Liverpool yesterday.

I can’t believe I’m using words to describe our performances (in general) as having no desire, poor work-rate, struggling to string passes together and for tippy-tappy football, well don’t get me started on that subject. For goodness sake what has / is Pep doing to our players?

In my opinion Pep is a ‘one trick’ pony. He had some of the world’s best players at Barcelona and Bayern Munich and all he had to do was gel them together. Easy isn’t it when you’re given everything on a plate. Oh and another thing – Pep, will you please stop rocking your body when commentators ask you questions just before kick-off. I feel sea sick just watching you. Oh and another thing, please answer the questions with something more than just a few simple words. It irritates the hell out of me. For example, “are you playing 3 or 4 at the back?” Pep – “we’ll see!” STOP IT.

Claudio Bravo

Until further notice I shall refer to him as Coco the Clown. The bloke is a joke – I have nothing else I wish to add except one thing. Please please bring back Joe Hart.

Normally I like to wish peeps a Happy New Year but the way I feel I’d rather have dinner and make merry with The Grinch.

In months to come I really hope I look back at this article and think how wrong I was to criticise Pep.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=576082

Coco the clown, that I can relate too, he doesn't inspire confidence in the back line does he? But for bringing back Pellers..... :002: :002: :002: get Frank Clarke back 1st he had the same boring football and the same boring talk to the media.... similar in every way....
Give Pep a chance to get the players he wants, we all know Bravo (Coco the clown) wasn't his 1 st choice keeper to buy, the defence doesn't fill you with confidence either, Stones has too many mistakes in him yet, but his age is his get out of jail free card, Zaba legend that he has been, his time is coming to close, Kolorov ..... see ya, asap, Otimendi, if he can stay on his feet and don't go chasing up field like he did with Costa (VsChelsea) he could be ok but we need VK back to partner him or Stones.... Clichy was missed yesterday but we also needed the players to run their bollox off as that's what Liverpool did we just strolled through the match yesterday and hoped for the best, Liverpool went for it that was the deciding factor,

I hate to say it seac but sadly there may bemore than a grain of truth in what you say - the players do not seem to have bought into his 'plan' (whatever it is) and they certainly don't seem to want run through brick walls for him. I have a horrid feeling that his micro management from the sidelines drives them crazy and they are just switching off.

Massively disappointed to see a a player being hung out to dry though. He may be underperforming but he is not alone :013:

I won't resort to name-calling our own players, however poor they've been (I reserve that considerable pleasure for our rivals) but with half the season gone and no sign of improvement, I consider that Pep has made a huge error by dumping Joe.
We're out of top four and the teams around us are playing very well, including the rags.
A crappy New Year.
:093:

This whole situation was what I was alluding to with my thread about Pep changing his mind and putting the club first.

Ok, leaving Bravo out of this for just a second ( put the pitchforks down ) do we really believe that Hart would be capable of playing the way Pep wants?

Consider that and then ask yourself why did we hire Pep?

I'd wager had Hart still been here he may have saved a few of the one on ones Bravo has faced ( may have ) but the slow and poor decision making and the weak passing skills would've got us into a lot more trouble than what we've faced.

We could always have kept Joe and just kept on kicking the ball long to the opposition to gain possession I suppose but then what would be the point in hiring Pep then?

There's numerous issues that need sorting as well as our keeper's form and this witch hunt is extremely tiresome.

I certainly don't think that under the pressing we have faced that Hart could have done much worse & he may well have fared better at some of the one-on-ones - Pep may well have been better served by persevering with him initially. Your point is well made seac.

The thing is, BD, Pep shipped Joe out without giving him any time to learn to adapt to what he wanted. Who knows what would have happened had he been given a chance.
:048:

Rising - 1/1/2017 17:52

The thing is, BD, Pep shipped Joe out without giving him any time to learn to adapt to what he wanted. Who knows what would have happened had he been given a chance.
:048:

You can't make a 29 old goalkeeper a footballer with the flick of a switch though.

We saw enough of Joe's abilities to know he'd struggle with this system.

As bad as Bravo is, Joe Harts Kicking was abysmal last term, he kicked the ball out on the full on numerous occasions, and gave the opposition a chance to attack ...

I was all for Hart getting a year to adapt but having seen first hand what's expected in terms of being able to pass under pressure I fully back the decision.

Pellegrini will never beat Barcelona and mancio never got us over group stages in champions league.If we still want to bring them back,we are not thinking forward..set of players pep has @ his disposal is not up to the standard for the brand of football he likes to play.

Give him time guys,the team who beat us yesterday is a top 3 side and we have a poor record against them, just look back in2003 was our last victory at liverpool .Our present table position is just because of so many home draws during the last couple of months.if fortune changes, like if we can regain the first ten games form back,we can still win this league .

People just support the best manager in planet and , there are so many teams waiting for his signature once his three years ends with us.

Give him time to mark his signature in premier league with us please..

Now I'm a huge fan of Joe Hart and would rather he was here than Claudio Bravo. However I can see Pep's reason to want to change, but he got it wrong signing Bravo. Maybe giving Joe a chance wouldn't have been so bad? Problem is that while Claudio can play out from the back, better than Joe, it's about the only aspect that he is better at. Joe inspired confidence, is a great shot stopper and superb at one v ones. Claudio has yet to impress at any of these attributes.
As for Pep, he needs time. Time to adapt to the Prem and English football must be given. We are wrong to assume that because Pep is at City we will automatically win everything on sight the first season. We can look forward to success again I'm sure, just perhaps not this season. Pep will want to bring in more players to suit his style. Bravo is not he right man, but Gundogan is the real deal and how cruel to see him out for the season. Pep will get it right and should be given time to get it all to gel and get his players in. He is never going to get some of the current squad to reach his standards. Yaya is still too lethargic, Navas just not up to scratch, Zaba and Bacary, superb though they have been are not the future. Stones is young and error prone, but can be the new VK in time. VK himself is great but again may not be the future. Otimendi can be good too but needs the right coaching and a steady constant partner as centreback. Aleks is Aleks, good sometimes but again probably not the future, I do think he takes the brunt of the criticism perhaps unfairly as all around him leave him so exposed so often, Up front and midfield is pretty good especially with Kun understudied by Kelechi and Gabriel. For me we need a new GK and at least two new fullbacks. One new CB and one new midfielder. I am very frustrated with the season so far but am pretty confident about the future.

All well reasoned and thoughtful posts, I remain in the my granddad could manage Barcelona camp, but desperately want Pep to succeed at City. The keeper will be gone back to Spain in the summer and Joe Hart will only be back if Pep goes I think. However, our keeper is not the only issue, would Hart have saved the Liverpool header??

I don't think Hart will be back whatever the circumstances.
I think he was moved on for his perceived (poor) influence in the dressing room/club, rather than his weaknesses in being able to adapt to Guardiola's style of play.
This is something that can only be presumed until he does move on, and then give his own point of view on it unshackled by contracts.
This may or may not lead to a Milner situation.
Although the situation doesn't look great at the moment, and may get worse with West Ham away in the Cup on Friday, it would seem foolish in the extreme to have courted Pep for all these years to then throw it away. Soriano and Begeristain have a lot riding on this.

Pep wants his own team, he has inherited this one and this season is one where by the end of May he will know what he needs to mount a serious challenge next season.

Too many people are making Bravo the scapegoat for our season and that is far from the case.

I just wonder what would have happened had Taylor done his job properly

That is a very good question Buzz. I recall the decision taken by Clattenburg in sending off Evans at a critical point in the 1-6 - that was the launchpad for that victory

What do Kid and Artera do?I thought they where there for their Premier league knowledge
This team is not working from top to bottom,if he does not bring some defenders in we are fooked