Brighton v NUFC | Vital Football

Brighton v NUFC

I don't think I've ever seen a winger that can bring a team up the other end of the pitch and do absolutely nothing with it like saint maximin does

Not much to write about although arguably we should be winning this if Wilson's 'high' foot goes unpunished. As I expected, the heat is ruining the game.

Bitty first half. Not much between the sides though at times we've looked threatening several players are either being affected by the heat or they're not sharp. Wilson has looked really off it but not helped by essentially long ball tactics from us. Guimares has had one of his worst halves in our colours. Willock largely invisible and even Trippier's passing hasn't been what it should be. That being said we're still very much in this and with Almiron looking most dangerous for getting in behind we could well nick this. Eddie needs to tweak things here

Point gained there absolutely battered at times. Pope was our best player.

On a separate note QPR keeper has scored against the mackems in 93rd min🤣

Definitely a point won . Hanging on at times. Felt we were negative tactically and if we're bringing on Jacob Murphy we're showing that the squad is nowhere near deep enough. Pope superb and Almiron without having a final ball worked brilliantly for the team. Botman looked fairly assured on his debut. Howe's been great but can't help but think if we're playing long ball as we did here why not start with Wood and Wilson ? ASM by and large struggled, though again showed a more team conscious performance and did make a good chance on the right. We need more in midfield. I thought Willock after last weeks good performance was shocking and Longstaff came on and was outran by players who'd been on the park 80 odd minutes.

Pope saved us from defeat. Nothing very creative from Newcastle and no goal threat. Need to pull their finger out in the transfer market if we are to make good progress. Subs such as Wood and Murphy on the bench are not good enough

Surely they will sign at least one up front. We can't go with he squad as is? Needs some creativity and another striker

Defo take that point.

Meanwhile - anyone watching this game?

Fair play to Man Utd. You wouldn’t think you could go missing in that kit - but this is a great effort.

Sean Longstaff is not a premier league level player. I would 100% give Elliot Anderson a chance before bringing Longstaff on how he gets a game is beyond me. Offers nothing

A point is fine as far as I am concerned. It was not really football weather today. I watched my local team the two teams and subs were all knackered. It was just too hot to play expansive football at any level and I guess that was the same at Brighton today. My daughter was down there and to put it in her words. “Dad there are loads of Toonies getting ready for the game”. Bless her😎😎

A point is fine as far as I am concerned. It was not really football weather today. I watched my local team the two teams and subs were all knackered. It was just too hot to play expansive football at any level and I guess that was the same at Brighton today. My daughter was down there and to put it in her words. “Dad there are loads of Toonies getting ready for the game”. Bless her😎😎
It was too hot down here to do anything today. 11pm and still 25C 🥵🥵

Its been pretty obvious throughout last season that we need someone creative in midfield and an out and out goalscorer. This has not been addressed at all so far.
I hope they get this sorted before the window closes. Longstaff, Shelvey are not good or reliable enough and Wilson playing a lone striker role will not be sufficient.
Have a love in with he players you have is all very well but without sufficient quality will not be enough.
Still early days.
I fear we might get a reality check next week.

Reactions: Rza
3players stood out to me.
Pope of course and then Botman. I think he was very self-assured and calm. Burn was also good. Should have scored that header, but yeah.
ASM what an enigma. no end result but even worse, cannot pass a ball to his teammates. A basic skill that every kid is taught.
Bruno also had a nightmare but he was gracious enough to admit it.
Longstaff. Wow, have not seen any worse than this guy. Howe needs to start making better subs as well and maybe a bit earlier.
ManC this week. Not looking forward to it but I guess we have to play them at some stage.
Greetings to you all and stay safe.
From down under, Aotearoa.
Nga Mihi