Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Sunday 5th May 14.00 hrs K.O | Page 33 | Vital Football

Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Sunday 5th May 14.00 hrs K.O

And I should add we've played 15 more games than Spurs this season.

And our players didn't have a 15-day break like the Spurs players and manager recently enjoyed being able to recharge the batteries and work on tactics for forthcoming games.

Our points lead is on the board, while they still have to win a couple of games and the way they are conceding goals then that looks unlikely.

Reading the odd post on here and social media in general I don’t think some fans will be content whatever we do tbh…we could win the bloody league and fans of that mentality will be complaining we should have won by more points! Yes we’re limping over the line but most of us I think prefer to look at the whole season perspective, it’s been fantastic whether it’s 4th place or 5th. But you just know if it were to be 5th what the reaction is going to be from some!

Reading the odd post on here and social media in general I don’t think some fans will be content whatever we do tbh…we could win the bloody league and fans of that mentality will be complaining we should have won by more points! Yes we’re limping over the line but most of us I think prefer to look at the whole season perspective, it’s been fantastic whether it’s 4th place or 5th. But you just know if it were to be 5th what the reaction is going to be from some!

Yep the obsession of the ‘heady’ heights of 4th and that being the be all and end is very boring to me tbh. It might be the be all and end all financially but that ain’t my problem.

If there is one thing that the swirling of the relegation plug and then 3 years in the championship taught me is that I just want to see us win and enjoy the winning above anything else . It’s why yesterday and still this morning despite the spuds game going in our favour and the odds appearing to show us very much in the box seat for 4th I still feel very flat. Why?. Because we lost , it was a crap game and crap performance.

I think some might be in for a shock if they think champions league will crack it for us. Next season will be even more difficult to maintain it and odds are we will finish outside the top 4 , just like Newcastle. I’d trade a conference win for a top 4 finish in a heart beat.

4th will be an incredible achievement and an important one for the club, no doubt about that. But I'm not going to lambast the players as 'spineless', 'gutless', 'bottlejobs' if we don't make it. I've been horrified at what I've seen some fans post on Twitter after yesterday.
Yes. You judge the side over the whole season not 2 or three games. Our first loss since Man City 5 games ago so while we haven't been playing at our best (bar Arsenal) we've still picked up points.

When you consider our injury situation , there is a fair amount of head wobbling that needs to be had by some.

Yep the obsession of the ‘heady’ heights of 4th and that being the be all and end is very boring to me tbh. It might be the be all and end all financially but that ain’t my problem.

If there is one thing that the swirling of the relegation plug and then 3 years in the championship taught me is that I just want to see us win and enjoy the winning above anything else . It’s why yesterday and still this morning despite the spuds game going in our favour and the odds appearing to show us very much in the box seat for 4th I still feel very flat. Why?. Because we lost , it was a crap game and crap performance.

I think some might be in for a shock if they think champions league will crack it for us. Next season will be even more difficult to maintain it and odds are we will finish outside the top 4 , just like Newcastle. I’d trade a conference win for a top 4 finish in a heart beat.

Saw a stat that outside the sky 6 no premier league team has qualified for the champions league 2 years running so I'd say that it's likely we wouldn't.

Watching the game back, I'm not sure tiredness is the deciding factor, the last 2 games especially, have shown with just 2 in midfield (I know it's 4-4-2 on paper but Diaby and Bailey aren't the sort to win 50/50 balls) we are getting over run, and without Tielemans, there seems no outlet, both Mcginn & Luiz choosing to back peddle more and more during the game kinda shows that, so for me the injuries have killed us.

Watching the game back, I'm not sure tiredness is the deciding factor, the last 2 games especially, have shown with just 2 in midfield (I know it's 4-4-2 on paper but Diaby and Bailey aren't the sort to win 50/50 balls) we are getting over run, and without Tielemans, there seems no outlet, both Mcginn & Luiz choosing to back peddle more and more during the game kinda shows that, so for me the injuries have killed us.
Yes. Tim is the only option , but Unai doesn't seem to trust him , so the eleven that started yesterday were pretty much the only eleven we had.

MD I’d agree with you to a certain extent but West Ham winning the conference didn’t set them on the way did it and I suppose in this monetary world we live in - it’s about all about the pound isn’t it - certainly for the bean counters

Yes. You judge the side over the whole season not 2 or three games. Our first loss since Man City 5 games ago so while we haven't been playing at our best (bar Arsenal) we've still picked up points.

When you consider our injury situation , there is a fair amount of head wobbling that needs to be had by some.
I would imagine the lions share of the idiots on X and other platforms are probably armchair (Argus) supporters anyway. Most of them just look at the results and form their opinions from that.

Bailey and Diaby does not appear to work most of the time. Sadly as said if Tim is not trusted we have no other current options. I have no doubt a big athletic DM will be close to the top of Unai,s shopping list.
Bailey has certainly been doubled up on over the last few weeks and it’s blunted us - teams are shunting him out wide and further back so he can’t hurt them at the business end of the pitch. Bailey then Diaby off the bench or maybe vice versa looks to be the best option at the moment

4th will be an incredible achievement and an important one for the club, no doubt about that. But I'm not going to lambast the players as 'spineless', 'gutless', 'bottlejobs' if we don't make it. I've been horrified at what I've seen some fans post on Twitter after yesterday.

Yep we're are running on empty - and are down to the bare bones.

I'm a glass half empty man - but whatever happens this has been a fantastic season. And there's reason to be hopeful for the future.

Yep we're are running on empty - and are down to the bare bones.

I'm a glass half empty man - but whatever happens this has been a fantastic season. And there's reason to be hopeful for the future.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that McGinn has played around 58 games this season including internationals, mental.

The CL money gives Unai more chances to change up the team. I would throw Thursday and even Liverpool if it meant we won at Palace. But footy ain't like that. So I'll be routing for the "Overachievement at Olympiakos".

PS I'm hoping to get a job in journalism with headline writing skills like this.

Last edited: