Brian Yeo | Vital Football

Brian Yeo

Happy Birthday, happen to remember him scoring my first visit to Priestfield the season you were promoted, and also against Blackpool in a league cup match which the Gills lost at Bloomfield road.

Saw him play a few times .Met him a few years ago now .I was struck by what a nice guy he is .

A true Gills legend. Will never forget that magic season when if he as much as sneezed in the penalty area the ball went in the net.

A special player for us and one opposition fans always asked about. Andy Nelson exploited his unerring eye for goal and accuracy in the box, he always got the angles right.

" also against Blackpool in a league cup match which the Gills lost at Bloomfield road. "

I was at that game along with the select few who took up the offer of free travel.

Happy Birthday Brian it was great to have a natural goalscorer at the club for so long.

He lit up my first full season as a Gills supporter when he got the magical 31 goals in 43 starts in our promo season 73/74.

Happy Birthday Brian. A true Gills legend.

Never saw him play, my dad always said he was brilliant and the best striker he’s seen for Gills.

73/74 my first full season as a Gills fan. Brian used to have the newsagents just up the road from our house. I'd be in most days to get 10 No.6 for my mum. I'd get all star struck every time he served me.