Brentford predictions | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brentford predictions

Correct SL - unfortunately Cook is not one of the people who knows anything about the championship.
I almost felt embarrased for Jacobs today being made to start after his cameo last week.
We obviously can’t rely on Pilkington’s fitness otherwise he would have started surely? When I saw Jacobs in the starting line up I feared the worst

Correct SL - unfortunately Cook is not one of the people who knows anything about the championship.
I almost felt embarrased for Jacobs today being made to start after his cameo last week.

What possessed him to start him? He’s shown nothing, apart from being culpable for costing us three points in two sub appearances to warrant a starting berth. The plot has been lost.

What possessed him to start him? He’s shown nothing, apart from being culpable for costing us three points in two sub appearances to warrant a starting berth. The plot has been lost.
We don’t know what the situation is with regard to players’ fitness but there are two reasons not to play Jacobs.
1) he’s not up to this level
2) his confidence must be shot to pieces
We needed players today who were up for a fight, who would snap into tackles and make it uncomfortable for Brentford to disrupt their slick passing game. I would rather we had a young lad from the Academy in there to give us some energy instead of Jacobs. At least we would all have been right behind him from the start!

Brentfords second goal despite our lack of effort consisted of 8 one touch passes at pace from one end of the pitch to the back of our net - wish we could do that.
In the second half Morsy took more touches than that to control a simple played in ball and pass it on. Not picking on him specifically all bar Williams and Moore were a disgrace however the inability of our players to move the ball with pace was the biggest gulf between the teams today
If they had 8 one touch passes then that shouldn’t happen. Our players should have been in there making a challenge. At no point today did it happen until that useless streak of lanky piss booted the ball at his own player. Yes they could pass the ball and it looked pretty, we let them do it though. Going off today’s performance they should be top of the league and are unstoppable, I don’t think that’s the case though. The result today was more down to our total lack of effort and poor organisation rather than them being the Harlem Globetrotters.

We obviously can’t rely on Pilkington’s fitness otherwise he would have started surely? When I saw Jacobs in the starting line up I feared the worst

When I saw Geldhartd, Windass, Naismith and Pilkington played for u23s but Jacobs didn't I had a very bad feeling but told myself even Cook isn't that stupid to start Jacobs after his last two catastrophic appearances.

I was wrong Cooks incompetence at this level is worse than I realised.

I really like Paul Cook and have always defended him but today was excruciatingly bad.

It’s not too late Paul so please Watch the dvd of Lativs vs Sheffield Wednesday August 2018. Robinson bombing on. Football on the deck. Moving the ball at pace! Lots of chances and great goals!

We have a better squad of players than at any time in last 4 years.Despite being 6.5 Moore can play on the deck.Ditch the hoof ball. Brentford showed us today how to be a good team at this level.

We have the potential to be a decent championship team under Paul Cook. The new signings are good additions who could give us good profit in the future. Use the upcoming version break wisely and come back stronger and more determined as a team.

I want to read constructive criticism rather than negativity. Let’s stick together and keep supporting our team

I really like Paul Cook and have always defended him but today was excruciatingly bad.

It’s not too late Paul so please Watch the dvd of Lativs vs Sheffield Wednesday August 2018. Robinson bombing on. Football on the deck. Moving the ball at pace! Lots of chances and great goals!

We have a better squad of players than at any time in last 4 years.Despite being 6.5 Moore can play on the deck.Ditch the hoof ball. Brentford showed us today how to be a good team at this level.

We have the potential to be a decent championship team under Paul Cook. The new signings are good additions who could give us good profit in the future. Use the upcoming version break wisely and come back stronger and more determined as a team.

I want to read constructive criticism rather than negativity. Let’s stick together and keep supporting our team
Sorry but we clearly can't be a good championship team under Cook - do you really think yet another int break will result in a magical transformation?
He's had over 12 months to sort this out and he hasn't because he can't.
It way way past time someone upstairs grew a pair and acted in the clubs rather than Cooks best interest.

Never seen this site before. Who in their right mind buys these shirts? Worlds gone fucking mad

They always sell the poppy shirts, with proceeds going to the British Legion Poppy Appeal.

Ludicrous prices for the shirts under normal circumstances, but for that cause, it's fair enough really.

Can't defend that today, absolutely shocking performance,worst I've seen at home in a long time.Can't believe Jacobs started with his current form.I've always tried to stick up for the team and Cook but I can't after a display like that.I just hope that performance is a one off as we've played well last 4 games.For that 1st goal their player having that free header in the box from the corner was inexcusable.Brentford also gave us a lesson in how to finish today which cost us vital points in the last 3 games.After backing Cook previously I'm not going to be a hypocrite and call for him to be sacked after today's shambles but that wasn't acceptable today.We need to massively improve in the next few games or I couldn't complain if he was sacked.Hope Joffy will be ok!

Last edited:
Sounds like a really underwhelming performance, which is a real shame after the previous three displays had given us some cause for optimism and positivity. I do think the time has now come for Cook to be dismissed as manager.

I’ve watched the last few games on the TV, and based on Jacobs’ performances in those matches, it seemed a completely illogical decision to start him today. I hate to say it because Jacobs has been a really good servant to the club, and was an integral part of our promotion-winning campaigns in 2015-16 and 2017-18, but I just do not think he is a Championship-level player unfortunately. I would try to sell him in January if possible.

They always sell the poppy shirts, with proceeds going to the British Legion Poppy Appeal.

Ludicrous prices for the shirts under normal circumstances, but for that cause, it's fair enough really.
Didn’t realise it was for a good cause. Perhaps the players should match the donation too.