Brentford Fan Comments | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brentford Fan Comments

fumanchew - 13/8/2017 12:46

Calvin Plummer - 13/8/2017 09:55

Two long-range outside the box punts that on another day would fly over the bar, a lot of good fortune for a ball to come off the post right into the path of their No. 9, who couldn't miss and another long range punt that took a wicked deflection and wrong footed Bentley.

How is Murphy doing what he was brought to do 'good fortune' baffles the mind that comment does.

Also as many others have pointed out Bouch didn't just smash it he watched the ball, and calmly with technique hit the ball where he had targeted it.

Murphy improved on the Millwall game; the service he got was much better though.

He holds the ball up well and brings others into the game; I suspect he is still some way from being as effective as he can be.

id much rather have bb or cummings in there causing chaos and 'running', I think running is quire useful trait to havein todays game

orbitalforest - 13/8/2017 14:12

Seems like a fair bit of sour grapes from their lot.

Really don't get this "lucky goals" shit. It's part of a professional strikers job to be in the right place at the right time. It's not lucky or unlucky. It's experience.

They haven't stopped all day still going on now about how they were the technically superior side etc.

Well technically, we were the fooking superior side cos we won so fook the fook off ya tw@ts.

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 13/8/2017 12:49

Warburton seems to have luck with him at present. Hopefully this continues for the season and we fluke promotion :D

No one flukes promotion

The same as no one flukes getting only 11 points in a prem season

As Roy Castle would say

'Record breakers'

da fuq - 13/8/2017 19:24

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 13/8/2017 12:49

Warburton seems to have luck with him at present. Hopefully this continues for the season and we fluke promotion :D

No one flukes promotion

The same as no one flukes getting only 11 points in a prem season

As Roy Castle would say

'Record breakers'

:19: :35: :30:

Calvin Plummer - 13/8/2017 09:55

How were there so many Forest fans in our end?

I can't believe we lost that. First 40 minutes we battered them and deserved the lead. A great volley and a fortunate rebound off the post and suddenly we were 2-1 down. Slow start to second half saw them hit another blinder and we were always chasing after that. We didn't get any luck with deflections and rebounds and the end to end stuff could have easily finished 5-5.

Forest were awful and on that showing will struggle again. That is probably the worst I've seen them since we come up, and nothing like the Warburton attacking play we expect from his teams.

Defensively we just let them maul us and we didn't have an answer.

We lacked in midfield to close Notts Forest down.

I believe Notts are an average team but took their chances with our mistakes and luck didn't appear on our side today.

It was a strange game because for forty minutes it was very calm and we were slowly breaking them down and finally scored. Then it went batshit crazy and I was struggling to work out the rhyme or reason to it.

Thought we were on top until we actually took the lead. Their keeper seemed to throw our first two in.

Forest should consider themselves very fortunate indeed to go away with 3 points.

Two long-range outside the box punts that on another day would fly over the bar, a lot of good fortune for a ball to come off the post right into the path of their No. 9, who couldn't miss and another long range punt that took a wicked deflection and wrong footed Bentley.

You can't keep saying the two worldies were lucky. It's like discounting every good goal as lucky just because on another day it could have hit the corner flag or flown out of the stadium. The lucky goals were the ones that bounced off the post directly to their player and the one where it ricocheted to them about 459 times in a row. There was nothing lucky about the two worldies, just two goals where he got his technique spot on , the first one I think Bentley probably could have done better with although there was alot of bodies infront of him. The second one you could have had Daniels and Bentley in there and they still wouldn't of saved it.

Two of the goals against were exceptional today and came at a frustrating times, Bentley was helpless but pulled off some important saves to limit damage.

Forest targeted Henry very successfully throughout the game and knew we would try to play out on that from that side and really harried and closed us down well. They wanted this game more.

Obviously a concern to concede four at home to a pretty average Forest side.

Oh well, Warb's gets the last laugh sadly.

Their keeper had a good game though. Some good saves. Especially from the last Watkins shot.

More worrying aspect is we have lost to a team as poor as them, they looked pretty poor so not sure what that says about us.

I didn't think so. I suspect they'll be top half of the table.

Neither will we suffer this kind of misfortune for the rest of the season.

Misfortune? We weren't unlucky to lose...

Every one of their goals had an element of good fortune to it. Two speculative punts from outside the area turned into wonder-strikes, a tap-in from a post rebound that just happened to fall into the path of their No. 9, and another speculative punt from outside the area that happened to take a deflection and wrong footed Bentley.

Oh come on. Two speculative punts? They were both superb goals. That said I thought Forest were poor and I'm extremely concerned we lost to them without ever looking like winning.

Weird game, Forest are as bad as ever but just scored some jammy goals.

Pub style defending cost us the game against a pub team.

Nonsense. Forest are a useful side with some very good players both in defence and attack and should finish in the top half of the table. They scored two cracking goals from long distance, but their two other goals had a touch of good fortune about them.

Darikwa is decent and McKay was a threat but agree with you they are bang average.

We the brentford fans are easy targets, they know they'll get aggro from aways. I saw Forest fans today pull off the advertisement board in brook road and nothing seem to come of it.

That was in retaliation for the Steward who pulled their flag off the top deck of the Wendy House.

We went toe-to-toe for 40 minutes, gradually gaining control in midfield but with the front line all wanting too many touches and seemingly unable to get any accuracy. A good short-corner routine gave an opportunity for both Egan and Dalsgaard and Egan got to it and looped it in. 1-0 and a bit of relief... except the defence was just awful with Notts exploiting the space behind our attacking full-backs and, in the centre.

We lost, deservedly, to a distinctly average side and if nothing else the past week will hopefully have knocked, if it existed, any arrogance out of the squad - and perhaps brought some realism to our pretensions this season.

Gracious lot aren't they.