Breaking News - Bostwick | Vital Football

Breaking News - Bostwick

I reckon that's knackered our chances of the play offs. Without Woodyard and Bostwick sitting in front of the defence I don't think we'll be anywhere near as solid and if we're still not scoring then...

He was well beaten for pace today, thought he might have been subbed so not that surprised. Will be missed but someone else now gets a chance.

It's the issue with his back that stiffened up. As a former victim of a back operation, doing anything with a cack back is a struggle. My hamstrings were tighter than my mate from Yorkshire. He never puts his hand in his pocket.

Shame, but it does force us to maybe be a little more adventurous, and not have 2 more defensive players in midfield.

plumbob - 18/11/2017 19:04

Shame, but it does force us to maybe be a little more adventurous, and not have 2 more defensive players in midfield.
Yep huge chance for Elliott to establish himself in the team and yes make us a bit braver going forward.
Thought Bossy was wearing the protective cycle shorts under his footy shorts?
Just shows who small the squad at the mo, look at today's programme and the two squad sizes!

Bit of a blow as suddenly we feel one short in there. Whitehouse and Knott with alex in a 433 maybe? One of the former two goes the other sits and Woodyard has the defensive responsibility?

Having said that Long was meant to be out for ever post stevenage and the injury wasn’t anywhere’s near as bad as forecast.

Chesterimp - 18/11/2017 20:46

SIMJON - 18/11/2017 20:40

Could be a blessing in disguise.

Nope

It's a big loss. Thought I saw him limping at one point. Hope the recovery is quick, we need him.

He was limping for about the last 5-10 minutes. He has his strengths, but he has an obvious downside too. He's a centre half (albeit a good one) playing in CM and offers much defensively but little offensively.

On his game he breaks up the opposition before they get to the back line. He ain't pretty but he's a key component in the game plan, his absence will put more defensive responsibility on Woodyard which won't help our already limited attacking potential?

Chesterimp - 18/11/2017 21:00

On his game he breaks up the opposition before they get to the back line. He ain't pretty but he's a key component in the game plan, his absence will put more defensive responsibility on Woodyard which won't help our already limited attacking potential?

Replacing him with Whitehouse (or Knott) will increase our attacking potential, without doubt. It will also reduce our defensive potential. In practise, it's all about the ratio.

Hope the lad get`s a quick recovery but tactical changes may prove beneficial

Take your chance mr whitehouse i have every faith in you doing an excellent job.

Rob the Imp - 18/11/2017 22:50

BBC Radio Lobstershire? Is this a wind up?

Unless I'm mistaken it's a reference to (or rather, from) the long departed Boothby Graffoe show.

Pee-wit!

(Drivel)

And just to add something relevant to the thread, Bostwick was definitely limping for last few minutes.