Braintree | Vital Football

Braintree

PerthImp

Vital Football Hero
Just shows you how massively things can change in football. Just noticed Braintree are rooted to the bottom of NL South without a point. It was only 4 or 5 years ago we were playing them in NL, but there’s now 4 divisions between us. You could speculate it’ll be 6 within another one or two years.
(... while Dork-ing Wanderers are clearly on the up)

That's why we should make the most of it now because football fortunes change so quickly.

I don't understand when some people say oh we are not ready for promotion let's build for next season. Yes let's build for next season but if the unexpected opportunity should come around this season to get promoted to the second tier for the first time in my lifetime then we should bloody well seize it with both hands because it might not come around again. In football you just never know so should take promotion at every opportunity whether you feel it has come to soon or not.

It's too early to say where we will be and we might well fall away this season and not finish in the top six which we all appreciate is a tall order but if we do then great let's take it while it's there!

That's why we should make the most of it now because football fortunes change so quickly.

I don't understand when some people say oh we are not ready for promotion let's build for next season. Yes let's build for next season but if the unexpected opportunity should come around this season to get promoted to the second tier for the first time in my lifetime then we should bloody well seize it with both hands because it might not come around again. In football you just never know so should take promotion at every opportunity whether you feel it has come to soon or not.

It's too early to say where we will be and we might well fall away this season and not finish in the top six which we all appreciate is a tall order but if we do then great let's take it while it's there!

Exactly so.

The one for me is Chesterfield, I know it’s early season but after a terrible season last year they’ve still started this one in the bottom 3. Doesn’t seem long ago they were 2 leagues above us and light years away

CasperImp - fully agree. I’d add that we seem, so far, to have exactly the right man in MA to take us upward. He talks cautiously, and rightly so, but in my humble view, I have every confidence that if he does somehow manage to get us promoted, I have no doubt that he is already planning and will be able to put together a team to compete at the next level.

Just shows you how clubs can rise and fall. Another reason why the pyramid should be kept as it is. Clubs dreams are kept alive by the chance to keep moving up . Braintree was only a game away frrom football league a few yrs back ?
And that late play-off semi loss was definitely out gain! That was the exact point their and our paths started to diverge, thanks Grimsby! :eek: