Brad Galinson's wealth? | Vital Football

Brad Galinson's wealth?

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
Morning people

Does anyone have a decent bead on where Brad's wealth and income comes from?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brad-galinson-a5a3a25/

His Linkedin CV is remarkably sparse given his seniority as a Managing Principal of Mount Auburn Multifamily Real Estate Fund.

I've tried to search for the accounts of the fund, but haven't been able to find anything really, and when you visit their webpage, he doesn't have a profile.

https://www.mtauburn.net/

There's a bit here about how he is a founder of it however, and used to be a Senior VP of the Home Shopping Network...

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/8...development-investor-mount-auburn-multifamily

...and that's pretty much all I can find.

Through work, I used to be able to run searches for due diligence purposes, which have now changed meaning I can't be cheeky and use it for basic curiosity - does anyone have access to this sort of thing and fancy giving it a whirl? Smart search or similar.

Morning people

Does anyone have a decent bead on where Brad's wealth and income comes from?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brad-galinson-a5a3a25/

His Linkedin CV is remarkably sparse given his seniority as a Managing Principal of Mount Auburn Multifamily Real Estate Fund.

I've tried to search for the accounts of the fund, but haven't been able to find anything really, and when you visit their webpage, he doesn't have a profile.

https://www.mtauburn.net/

There's a bit here about how he is a founder of it however, and used to be a Senior VP of the Home Shopping Network...

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/8...development-investor-mount-auburn-multifamily

...and that's pretty much all I can find.

Through work, I used to be able to run searches for due diligence purposes, which have now changed meaning I can't be cheeky and use it for basic curiosity - does anyone have access to this sort of thing and fancy giving it a whirl? Smart search or similar.

No answers, MM. And no access to anything that'd give me a better chance than you of finding any.

But i really, really hope he aint made his wealth via something that would be in serious conflict with my principles and/or morality. That'd be just too awful to contemplate.

Don't much care.
What I do care about is how much he is prepared to put into a club rock bottom of L2.
Someone with a £billion who puts in a £million is not as good as someone with half a £billion who puts in 3 £million.

If you do a search, several sites guestimate his net worth at $80-100m.

Brad Galinson- Wiki, Age, Height, Net Worth, Wife, Ethnicity (biographygist.com)

Yeh, these sites all seem to be quoting each other, and are all fairly junky. You can see loads of (i'm assuming) automatically generated net worth sites for a myriad of celebs - which is probably why it's picked up Scally's face given his photo is in the articles too and is professionally done.

I saw that investment article earlier - question is who ultimately owns them. Assets under management essentially means they manage properties and assets to that value, however don't necessarily own them.

@Vambogills the reason I care is because I truly do not have any idea who this guy really is. Proving a source of income is vital in due diligence, which I've no doubt (well maybe some - it is Scally) has been completed by the Gills, but would just be nice to be able to see it myself.

It also makes it a lot easier to work out where this cash investment in the playing budget is coming from, and whether it'd involve loans etc from his other companies, taking the ground as collateral. I've heard horror stories before of new owners of companies taking over (not football clubs) from receivers, saying that they will be able to offer a cash injection, who then fudged it by taking out a loan on one of the group companies, investing it in the main company, and using some accounting magic (fake/illegal) to make it look like they provided the cash injection themselves.

It's just all very vague.

Last edited:
No answers, MM. And no access to anything that'd give me a better chance than you of finding any.

But i really, really hope he aint made his wealth via something that would be in serious conflict with my principles and/or morality. That'd be just too awful to contemplate.

Looks like the company he is involved with is in property development, building housing blocks aimed at millennials, as opposed to mega expensive flats etc, which I suppose is relatively harmless? However would certainly disagree with your property is theft mantra!

Yeh, these sites all seem to be quoting each other, and are all fairly junky.

I saw that investment article earlier.

@Vambogills the reason I care is because I truly do not have any idea who this guy really is. Proving a source of income is vital in due diligence, which I've no doubt has been completed by the Gills, but would just be nice to be able to see it myself.

It also makes it a lot easier to work out where this cash investment in the playing budget is coming from, and whether it'd involve loans etc from his other companies.

It's just all very vague.

I would like to know the same MM. Too many people getting a hard-on about Brad investing millions in player transfers without actually knowing anything about him.

I trust that PS has sold his shares to someone he feels will run the club in a sustainable way but it would be good for the fans to know.

He’s a fund manager whose asset class happens to be property, whilst that fund could have billions under management, he isn’t a billionaire.

Eg kent county council have pension liabilities they need to cover, to do this they need to make the money grow.

How do they do this? By investing it. KCC invest across a variety of asset classes inc public equities, debt (government bonds) and property.

fund management firms (like Brad’s) charge a fee for looking after their clients money, and also charge a % of what they make for them.

Based on his interview yesterday, I am not sure it matters how much he is worth. It's clear he sees this as an investment rather than a hobby. So he will be looking to grow the business and grow the value of his investment, meaning whatever he puts in, he expects to get back plus profit. The exciting thing is that he is prepared to invest in order to grow the business. This was Scally's approach at the beginning, paying big fees for players and investing in the stadium. The real question is what does he see as the potential growth in value and that will very much dictate how much he will invest. I am sure that's what will dictate how much we spend in January, what's the value of staying in the EFL versus how much he will spend to keep us there. So all in all, I am sure he has enough money, it's a question of how much he is prepared to invest that will see a return.

However would certainly disagree with your property is theft mantra!

It's not my mantra!

Proudhon said it. And it isn't easily understood when quoted in isolation and the context removed. If you read the passage it comes from it makes more sense. But not enough people have read the passage.

Last edited:
The exciting thing is that he is prepared to invest in order to grow the business. This was Scally's approach at the beginning, paying big fees for players and investing in the stadium. The real question is what does he see as the potential growth in value and that will very much dictate how much he will invest.

His source of wealth matters as much as the amount of wealth AFAIC, but I would like to know where this money we're spending in January is actually coming from.

If it is direct investment from him personally, then that's great. If he's leveraging the club up the wall, then that's less so... however I'd personally still be on board as if we go down, I just don't see us getting back up to the football league for at least a decade, and probably going under.

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing that EFL would have to do due diligence on anyone taking over an EFL club. I’m sure he had to pass tests of proof of worth to them and to PDPS so I’m not worried.

His source of wealth matters as much as the amount of wealth AFAIC, but I would like to know where this money we're spending in January is actually coming from.

If it is direct investment from him personally, then that's great. If he's leveraging the club up the wall, then that's less so... however I'd personally still be on board as if we go down, I just don't see us getting back up to the football league for at least a decade, and probably going under.
Don’t forget the Glazers leveraged Manure up the wall and no one seemed to have a problem with that at the time

Don’t forget the Glazers leveraged Manure up the wall and no one seemed to have a problem with that at the time
I think Galinson may have trouble leveraging Gills "up the wall".
Man U had plenty of sources of income other than gate receipts - shirt sales (incl. overseas), TV etc.

That said, even a mere £10 million of debt wouldn't seem wise until either income increases or a new stadium is acquired.