Bowton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bowton

If any club goes bust then loads will follow, it will be like a domino effect - it's too expensive for clubs to survive without Prem money or Brentford like player trading.

I saw a report a while ago and it was frightening how many clubs outside the Prem are making annual loses year on year. The game is like our countries national debt situation looks ok on the surface as money still being spent massively but the debts are completely unsustainable in the long term and will eventually lead to disaster if not sorted out asap.

I feel A LOT less contented now uncle Dave is no longer in charge...instead we have a group of people who I know Jack Shit about and am doubtful would bail us out if it all goes tits up.

I take no pleasure from Bolton's plight because it could be us next.

There by the grace of God go I.

If any club goes bust then loads will follow, it will be like a domino effect - it's too expensive for clubs to survive without Prem money or Brentford like player trading.

I saw a report a while ago and it was frightening how many clubs outside the Prem are making annual loses year on year. The game is like our countries national debt situation looks ok on the surface as money still being spent massively but the debts are completely unsustainable in the long term and will eventually lead to disaster if not sorted out asap.

Bit long but worth a listen / watch

57:30 Bolton
1hr 20 onwards for Blackburn, Wigan , Rotherham, Millwall & Ipswich. Not much about Wigan

If they fold and their results from this season are wiped out it hurts us badly. We lose 4 points, Each of Millwall, Reading and Rotherham lose 1 point. That puts us below Millwall and Reading and level on points with Rotherham. I've no love for Bolton, but I hope they complete the season.

Given we are so close to the end of the season I would hope that the League or PFA would bail them out and allow them to play out the remaining fixtures.

Well I don't think anyone would want to see you go out of existence but we wouldn't mind the Lostock academy and the stadium would be a good place to send the cuckoo egg parasites to.
Seriously, you'll be alright, nowt to worry about. You are Bolton not Maidstone or Newport. You won't even get what Rotherham got.
It's clubs like ours or Bury or Rochdale that wouldn't be safe. Clubs like Bolton, Nob End and Blackburn who had pictures of players in Charlie Buchan's Annual who will always be safe.

Don't be so sure.

Potential buyers walked away from buying the club on Friday, due to Anderson keep moving the goalposts, and also, more seriously, things they found in the books of the finances of the club.
Put bluntly, they owe money left, right, and centre, are in a really shit state...through terrible management, and all it needs on Wednesday is the high court to see all this and say enough is enough. Basically same as what happened to North Ferriby United, last week.
No time now for a late takeover bid from elsewhere....they are knackered.

And they were selling off cheap in their shop om.friday....its like they almost know the game is up.

They will get a stay of execution to play out the remaining fixtures in administration prior to declaring bankruptcy at the end of the season, when the club will be taken over by a buyer paying a peppercorn fee. Thats the most likely outcome in my opinion. It would cause a lot of problems for the EFL if they failed to complete their fixtures so I believe they would give the court some sort of guarantee or assurances to allow them to continue.

They will get a stay of execution to play out the remaining fixtures in administration prior to declaring bankruptcy at the end of the season, when the club will be taken over by a buyer paying a peppercorn fee. Thats the most likely outcome in my opinion. It would cause a lot of problems for the EFL if they failed to complete their fixtures so I believe they would give the court some sort of guarantee or assurances to allow them to continue.

There are buyers just Anderson can't agree a price and doesn't have money to pay the bills so someone buying it out of administration seems a good shout. If they go into administration before 28th points deduction comes off this season, after that it's next year so any buyer prob hoping it happens this Wednesday when they in court again.

That Anderson seems a terrible man.

Alan Nixon reckons itll cost 20 mil to get out of Administration.
I've a real feeling they could get wound up on Wednesday, and I'm not kidding. They owe far more money than you initially realise, to lots of parties, plus a huge tax bill to HMRC as well. Its a sorry state of affairs, an absolute shambles..and word is authorities are looking to make an example of a club.

If they go into admin our 3 point lead over Rotherham will be cut down to 1 and we will drop below Millwall and Reading as all points won against Bolton are voided. Rotherham and Reading drew both games, Millwall drew and lost one and we drew and won one.

Bolton staying out of liquidation is key to our survival chances.

If they go into admin our 3 point lead over Rotherham will be cut down to 1 and we will drop below Millwall and Reading as all points won against Bolton are voided. Rotherham and Reading drew both games, Millwall drew and lost one and we drew and won one.

Think we go level with Rotherham- above them only on goals scored. There would be huge issues for the efl to resolve the chaos if they were liquidated. Still the efl chief exec said t'other week Anderson was doing a grand job so nothing to worry about...

If they go into admin our results stand.
It's only if they go bust ( which they wont) do they get wiped.

If they go into admin our results stand.
It's only if they go bust ( which they wont) do they get wiped.

Good point i said admin but i meant liquidation. Admin would be points deduction which doesn't matter as they played everyone at bottom already

Good point i said admin but i meant liquidation. Admin would be points deduction which doesn't matter as they played everyone at bottom already

Results vs Bolton this season:
Reading: 0-1, 1-1
Ipswich: 0-0
Rotherham: 1-1, 1-2
Millwall: 1-2, 1-1
Latics: 1-1, 5-2

Table would be:
Millwall pld 35 Gdiff -13 Pts 36
Reading pld 36 Gdiff -15 Pts 36
Latics pld 36 Gdiff - 19 Pts 35
Rotherham pld 36 Gdiff - 20 Pts 35
Ipswich pld 37 Gdiff -32 Pts 23

Last edited:
Nothing as serious as being put out of business. We won't have to worry about losing points.
Either another knight in shining armour will buy them just like Anderson did. They will go into admin and be bought cheap. The council could come in and buy the ground and land which will pay off debts. Even an investor will arrive in the nick of time.

You have to fund administration Jeff. There is a genuine concern that they will be wound up, unless someone is willing to privide said funding for the administration- and that won't be Anderson or Hmrc. Its either a sale or bye bye Bolton.

Massive implications for us as it would leave us neck and neck once more with Rotherham. If that happens I hope that sense of burning injustice provides motivation to pull away from them. Implications at the top of the table too. So much money and so much at stake these days that it would create massive issues for the efl, not least given their role in it by stating he's fit and proper owner, not having them under embargo, special measures etc. It could rumble on for sometime.

You have to fund administration Jeff. There is a genuine concern that they will be wound up, unless someone is willing to privide said funding for the administration- and that won't be Anderson or Hmrc. Its either a sale or bye bye Bolton.

Massive implications for us as it would leave us neck and neck once more with Rotherham. If that happens I hope that sense of burning injustice provides motivation to pull away from them. Implications at the top of the table too. So much money and so much at stake these days that it would create massive issues for the efl, not least given their role in it by stating he's fit and proper owner, not having them under embargo, special measures etc. It could rumble on for sometime.

Under administration their debts would be suspended and their gate money would probably be enough to run the club. There would also be the possibility of the league stepping in with a loan or some form of guarantee to get them to the end of the season to avoid all the repercussions a bankruptcy would entail to the clubs in the division. It would probably not be in the interest of the EFL to see them wound up.

No doubt this mystery second party Ken is in talks with will be some multi billionaire and a deal will get done 30 minutes before their court time. As I’ve said numerous times, that lot have more lives than a cat.

As much as Ken may sadistically relish the prospect of letting Bolton go to the wall as his way of giving a big middle finger to the fans and those who have insulted him and his family since taking over, he won’t let it happen simply for financial reasons. There’s no way he’ll let the club fold without getting his money back and a big payday. Apparently there’s 25 million quid on the table, not a chance he’s walking away from that out of spite to Bolton fans and for the sake of a few small clauses in the deal that he wants but a prospective buyer doesn’t. It’s all a big game on his part.

Last edited: