Bournemouth nowhere near live. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bournemouth nowhere near live.

This was a real team effort and Wes deservedly was MOM. While I don't want to sound like some of those callers on CC, I must reiterate my concerns about Jerome.

It seems to me that he is not fully fit as, when he has done a run of 30-40 m, he seems to spend the next couple of minutes slowly walking back. This frequently places him in an offside position.

Some may suggest he is lazy but the (quite frequent) runs seem to show willing. I think he is too slow for PL.

Others might say that he has done his job by scoring his goal and if he showed he was capable of scoring 20-30 goals a season, I would have no complaints.

Frankly, looking at him on the field I doubt his ability to get out of single figures.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Having said that, it was a masterly performance from NC :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

And today Liverpools Benteke scored with an overhead kick with the defenders head bowed and it was allowed whilst Jeromes was refused for dangerous play against Palace an cost us 2 points - there really is something so very wrong with that

Yes Steve , that Benteke goal looked more dangerous than Jeromes .

What a belter of a day out . I am still in Norfolk and travelling home tomorrow . There is no internet in accommodation , just at park reception .

Wes was pure magic yesterday , and I was impressed with Brady and Jarvis . Mbokani looked a live wire and it was great performance with just a couple of concerns ...

Why does AN make substitutions that disrupt the flow of the team and make it weaker ? IMO Dorrans brings
nothing to the side.

Ruddy kicking out was a bit peculiar . 3 times in a row he kicked out straight into touch .

But overall no complaints about yesterday . Just got to keep up that level of performance for the whole 90 minutes of every game and we will be ok .

This 'possession' thing.

It seemed to me that We had just about more of the possession than Bournemouth yet the statistics said Norwich 48%, Bournemouth 52%

In the Leicester v AV game, L seemed clearly to have the greater possession but the stats show L 49% AV 51%

I always thought it was timed for how long a team was in possession but find now that it is calculated by numbers of passes a team has.

That means a team that plays a large number of short passes is deemed to have more possession than a team that plays fewer passes but holds onto the ball for longer.

Possession stats are b0ll0cks. :hell:

YB - Ruddy has had a bait of kicking the ball straight out for a while now - seems he aims for the wingers and overcooks it or slices it

I have just watched MOTD Goal of the month and a Calum Wilson overhead kick was included in selection. Please correct me if i am wrong, but what was the difference between that and Jerome's?

They didn't have an incompetent referee.

Wasn't that the ref Olsson pushed?

Spot on Rex.
He should never be in charge of one of our games ever again.
Too many decisions against us for no apparent reson.

Could have been. It would explain a lot.

I watched MOTD and they hardly talked about the game, but who cares!

Hooper has a serious Ankle injury is what I heard - is it true?

Only very briefly from me....A very credible performance from the team apart from lack lustre defending for Bournemouths goal,,,defenders asleep!

I enjoyed the game especially the second half...Wes was back to his very best.
Jarvis`s goal was a beauty.....All 3 were brilliant in the lead up to the goals.

Proud.

FCBEARS - 14/9/2015 12:50

I watched MOTD and they hardly talked about the game, but who cares!

Hooper has a serious Ankle injury is what I heard - is it true?

I thought that was the most effusive MOTD has been about a NC match ever and they did bang on about Wes quite a lot. Deservedly, I might add.

Hooper apparently picked up a 'minor knock' in training and is expected to be available in a week.

Wes got some nice comments on MOTD2 last night.

YB is just back home now after a marathon weekend . 5 hours driving on the lovely A17 and A47 each way , but this time it was all worth it . Great pre and post match in some of Norwichs finest pubs and a great time in the ground . Jerome scored right in front of us and our Wes was pure magic . I am still living that run and shot . 3 week wait until the next home game and still hoping I will be living in Norfolk by then . That journey from the Pennines to Norwich is too much !

I was nearish the dug out on saturday and I noticed that AN seems to have a deformity with his arm? Am I right or was I seeing things?