Botman | Vital Football

Botman

Rza

Vital Champions League
Bit of an unsung hero recently in my opinion. Anyone who watches him probably knows he isn't but I see Bruno (rightly) grabbing a lot of the headlines for his displays. Very few media outlets or anyone other than nufc fans talking about big Sven. Saturday saw us not give villa a shot on goal, the previous week we limited spurs to very little and Everton the week before that. This man's reading of the game is something else at 22 years of age. Can I also say he's probably helped double Fabian Schar's value. Rarely loses the ball and keen eye for a smart pass. What an absolute rolls Royce of a player and absolute bargain at 32m.

He's not a fussy or eye catching player. He's the perfect defender. His reading of the game and situations is so good it's rare he has to make outstanding tackles or stops (although he's certainly capable of them). I'd heard he was good when we were looking at getting him in January and you can see why Maldini wanted him for Milan as he's the perfect template for an Italian style centre half. Centre backs usually mature a little later in terms of being at the top of their game . If he stays injury free he's going to be supernatural in 5 years time

Just goes on about his business without putting a foot wrong. Who's Holland's first choice centre half pairing? Is it Virgil and Ake? I can see it being Botman very soon

Has the potential to be the best central defender we've ever had.
Can only think of Coloccini & Woodgate to compare him with.
He's also bringing out the best in Schar too, future captain.

Reactions: Rza
Has the potential to be the best central defender we've ever had.
Can only think of Coloccini & Woodgate to compare him with.
He's also bringing out the best in Schar too, future captain.

Never mind Albert, ya dafty.

For me, Botman's place to be in our best ever centre back list is determined on which centre back we bring in, in the next couple of years to partner him. So far, so good tho.

Loved Albert but he wasn't the greatest defender. Good goal scorer though similar to Dabizas I liked him too