Bostwick to the Stags? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bostwick to the Stags?

None of us would begrudge Bossie earning a nice wage at any club and should he end up at Sincil Bank playing in another clubs colours he'll still get a standing ovation ( if supporters are allowed in of course)

The story with Michael Bostwick being heavily linked with a moved to Mansfield opens up the old debate of iconic players joining perceived rival teams. For us as Lincoln fans it is often said ' I'd want ( insert player name here ) to go anywhere other than Grimsby , Scunthorpe , Peterborough and Mansfield.
But does that really matter in the grand scheme of things and especially at a time now when many players will fail to win contracts for whenever the next season kicks off.
We have had many heroes of the past play for our rivals. Gordon Hobson turned out for Grimsby, Alan Marriott went to the Stags when released. even the great Keith Alexander went to manage Peterborough from us. I could go on, but their legacy at Lincoln City remains undiminished by their later affiliations . And this to me will be the same with Bossie. We were fortunate to sign him. It was reported at the time of his arrival that he had turned down an offer from Blackburn to sign for us. His signature was a sign that upon our return to the Football League we were not just going to stand still. It was also a sign of the calibre of person we were signing. A dedicated monster on the pitch but one who puts his family very much first at foremost and that last aspect will be the defining part of where he will be playing next.
So does it really matter if our icons sign for a rival? Not to me. Remember those immense performances over the last three seasons. When discussions over your best Lincoln XI over your time as a supporter he'll be fitting alongside Trevor Peake at the centre of my defence. Younger supporters will have him first name on the sheet then work out the rest.
Cheers Bossie

Cannot sign for anyone until post June 30th I presume, at least we have plenty of notice to offer him another realistic deal if possible , though expect Mansfield will be chucking money at him.

Not if the salary cap as proposed gets introduced, unless they're going blow the majority of it on him or they find loopholes in the rules which knowing them they will.
I'm sure I heard Clive say the salary caps would be introduced across all 71/72 efl clubs if it is indeed introduced.

I'm sure Clive wrote that salary caps would include bonus payments, inducements, appearence money, holidays, free bus pass, petrol allowance and in Mansfields case signing on video appearance money!?

I'm sure Clive wrote that salary caps would include bonus payments, inducements, appearence money, holidays, free bus pass, petrol allowance and in Mansfields case signing on video appearance money!?
If petrol allowance is in, then you imagine the Roller won't be used to take him to the film lot for the signing shoot.

The Slags used to take delight in us taking their players. How things have changed. Hope Bossie goes and becomes a Stags legend

Bossie has been my favourite player last season and in the top 3 watching the Imps. The man is phenomenal - what a warrior.

I am also surprised he only played 16 games; as mentioned in a career where he has barely missed a minute, injuries hit him hard last year.

Bossie has been my favourite player last season and in the top 3 watching the Imps. The man is phenomenal - what a warrior.

I am also surprised he only played 16 games; as mentioned in a career where he has barely missed a minute, injuries hit him hard last year.
Or, as suggested before, MA tried to protect him and wasn't prepared to let an injured player play.

It was funny watching the Burton game replayed with a classic Bossie moment. A Burton player got goal side and Bossie made two attempts in quick succession to hack him down from behind but unfortunately for once missed completely.

It was funny watching the Burton game replayed with a classic Bossie moment. A Burton player got goal side and Bossie made two attempts in quick succession to hack him down from behind but unfortunately for once missed completely.

Our whole team performance that day was mostly horseshit and I remember leaving the ground thinking how the -uck did we pick up 3 points there.

I will take a win any Saturday whichever way it comes and watching the rerun brought back memories of what Saturdays are all about............................footy..............roll on 2021.(red and white mask and red surgical gloves,ventilators at the end of each aisle, fights in the stands due to people not keeping their distance,large glass screens between the seats,stewards taking your temperature every 5 minutes,mass evacuation of the stands and red alerts with klaxons going off, just because a bloke sneezed..................can`t wait

Last edited:
When discussions over your best Lincoln XI over your time as a supporter he'll be fitting alongside Trevor Peake at the centre of my defence. Younger supporters will have him first name on the sheet then work out the rest.
Cheers Bossie

Sorry but no, you’re forgetting Gareth McAuley who I saw mark possibly one the greatest strikers these shores have ever seen out of a game in Sergio Aguero.
Bossie as much as I rate him, and who I’ll give a standing ovation to (even if its in a Stags shirt) should our paths ever cross again, only makes the bench.

He's a good signing for Mansfield, let's be honest. If they're going to spend more money than any sensible club could afford they could do a lot worse than a player like Bozzy who will be great for them in midfield or defence in L2.

Move probably makes sense for everyone.

He's a good signing for Mansfield, let's be honest. If they're going to spend more money than any sensible club could afford they could do a lot worse than a player like Bozzy who will be great for them in midfield or defence in L2.

Move probably makes sense for everyone.

Don't think he has signed yet ? Would not be surprised if Lincoln didn't offer him something.

Our whole team performance that day was mostly horseshit and I remember leaving the ground thinking how the -uck did we pick up 3 points there.

I will take a win any Saturday whichever way it comes and watching the rerun brought back memories of what Saturdays are all about............................footy..............roll on 2021.(red and white mask and red surgical masks,ventilators at the end of each aisle fights in he stands due to people not keeping their distance,large glass screens between the seats,stewards taking your temperature every 5 minutes,mass evacuation of the stands and red alerts with klaxons going off, just cause a bloke sneezed..................can`t wait
It sounds dystopian but there may be something in there even in jest!

Sorry but no, you’re forgetting Gareth McAuley who I saw mark possibly one the greatest strikers these shores have ever seen out of a game in Sergio Aguero.
Bossie as much as I rate him, and who I’ll give a standing ovation to (even if its in a Stags shirt) should our paths ever cross again, only makes the bench.

Valid point. That last bit was more of a conclusion for the 150 words bit.

I'd be surprised if
Don't think he has signed yet ? Would not be surprised if Lincoln didn't offer him something.

Would be surprised if we offered a package comparable to what the Stags will (we have too much sense I think) but you never know, wouldn't be averse to him still being an Imp of course!