Boro Fan Comments | Vital Football

Boro Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Be a tough game this, our record at Forest is poor (apart from our promotion season) and they've started the season well. Would take a point, if we win this mind it'll show that we really mean business!

Agree with Jimmy, never a fixture to look forward to due to previous results however a real bench marker in terms of how we approach the game. What kind of reception will Britt get I wonder and how many will Forest track him? One thing for certain is that we must take our chances if we are to win this game. Score draw for me.

I see us winning this game, but Forest is always a tricky one. Britt goal in a nervy 1-0 win.

I'm feeling cocky as all hell and think we're going to start to click and Forest will be the unfortunate team we destroy. 5-0 Boro, Assombalonga hattrick for shits'n'giggles.

I remember watching this fixture in a pub in Jersey in February 20 years back when Colin Cooper scored for Forest in a game where they absolutely stuffed us 4-0. Jersey folk seemed thrilled with the victory. Disliked them since then. (Forest AND Jersey people).  I think we were both in the promotion spots at the time.  The City Ground doesn’t have great memories for us but I feel hopeful this time.  I reckon Britt will get his 3rd goal for us here and we will win 1-0.

Will be interesting to see if monk tinkers a bit with the formation/tactics away from home against the stronger teams like forest. Maybe go 4231 and ask the full backs not to bomb on as much.

That so made me laugh. they might not be relegation material this season but i bet they still finish midtable/bottom half. their defense is terrible, they've been opened up several times in every game this season against teams that will not likely get near the playoffs. if they carry on like that today we will bury them.

Jamie Ward has replied to one of Britt's posts on Instagram today saying "your lucky I'm not playing cause I'd kick you in the first minute, in actual fact I might slide tackle you in the tunnel."

Forest fans singing: There's only one greedy bas*ard. I wonder who that could be aimed at...

Forest definitely the better team in early stages.

We really have to start pressuring Forest again, the one time we did it we nearly scored. They're far to good going forward for us to sit back like this all game.

The one saving grace is that Forest are bad at the back, they've looked bad at the back in this game already, but to take advantage of that we need to start having the ball for a while.

Britt breaks into the box, gives the ball away, defender gets it off the touchline, within 3 passes they're on the edge of our box and Friend is chesting a dangerous cross away for a corner.

Britt is trying much to hard to quiet the crowd and is losing the ball every time.

Assombalonga and Bamford look like they're letting the booing get to them. Britt has been really poor, Bamford keeps jumping out of tackles.

Assombalonga's having an off day he keeps on losing the ball and getting booed, or getting booed and then losing the ball.

We can't handle the pressure.

Matt Mills having a right old moan the big cock.

Simple fact is they're up for it we're not. They're fighting so hard like the fact Assombalonga left them is some kind of injustice.

I will take 1-0 down at half time please.

The problem is that any move we make will be countered by the genius of Mark Warburton.

Their number 20 (I haven't caught his name) is having a great game, he is at the centre of every attack, he should be man marked.  He is an outlet for them and seems to always have a turn in him and is a good passer of the ball.

Don't buy Britt's trying too hard I think it's all got to him and he's choked it completely mentally Monk will have work to do on him after this he could go a couple of ways off the back of this depending on his mentality.

FOREST ARE GARBAGE. We've chucked three points away today I'm afraid lads.

First half was painful to watch, we were struggling to maintain possession and letting the crowd dictate the game. Their number 20 was a constant thorn in our side and we didn't change anything to try and stop him from being a creative outlet for them.

2nd half we controlled the game and stepped up the tempo but our end product was poor. Gestede winning headers to flick it on created several chances, their keeper was out quickly for the first so I don't count that as a clear chance for Britt but the second one was begging to be put away.

just been on the Forest forum and what a bunch of condescending *** some of their fans are. Picking out quotes off our forums by the odd idiot who can't spell and puts 'like' at the end of every sentence. 
"Surprised they have internet in Boro", apparently we "haven't invented steam power" yet. "We paid off the ref" etc. 

Didn't mind Forest before, now, I can't stand them. Hope they lose key players to injury get relegated and get a kicking when they come up our way!

Feel sorry for Forest fans still living off Boro boy Cloughie's era seems a long time ago now, so allow them to have their moment, OOP's nearly forgot to add LIKE!

they are just jealous of us, we signed heir best player and have showed ambition and got success with promotion the other year. now its not fair because of parachute payments. they are just bitter because they won the champions cup 40 years ago you know so so its not fair.

First half was appalling, no fight, 2nd to every ball, no drive, no width and no creativity. Forshaw goes off at half time and we looked a completely different team, especially as we changed formation.

The 1st half the amount of times there full backs were getting forward and causing us problems was ridiculous.

Just home from the match, that was garbage today. The first half was embarrassing we were played off the pitch, it was obvious after 5 minutes that the formation wasn't working. Forest had an extra man in midfield every time they attacked and it took Monk 45 minutes to sort it out. Our only threat today came from flick on's from Gestede apart from that we were woeful. I've seen enough of Gary Monks brand of football already, we won't go up with him in charge.

THEY PLAYED TO THEIR MAX LIKE AND WE PLAYED AVERAGE

FIVE 1 ON 1 CHANCES MISSED LOL A GOAL DISALLOWED WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN AND A RIGHT DODGY PENALTY GIVEN AGAINST US 

SHIT LUCK
SHIT REF
SHIT FINISHING

NOWT TO WORRY ABOUT

Forest could have added to their tally as well' especially in the 1st half.

BOLLOCKS

THEY NEVER MISSED FIVE fookIN ONE ON ONES I'LL TELL YA THAT FOR NOWT

Bet they're glad they sold that useless **** then. Only joking.

HE HAD A fookIN SHOCKER GADGE

RATTLED FROM THE FIRST MINUTE

MENTALLY WEAK

NEEDS TO fookIN IMPROVE THAT BUT HE AINT GUNA GET HAMMERED EVERY TOUCH LIKE HE DID TODAY

MY MONEY ON A HAT TRICK FOR HIM IN THE REVERSE GAME LIKE

Yeah he definitely let the crowd get to him plus the Forest players were going in on him all the time. It's to be expected though and he needs to learn to handle stuff like that.

AND NOBBY FELLA I WOULD SAY THAT THEY GAVE EVERYTHIN THEY HAD 1ST HALF AGAINST US

THEY WERE ON 120 PER CENT EFFORT BUT NO TEAM CAN KEEP THAT UP FOR 90 MINS

THEY JUST HAD THAT SLAG LADY LUCK ON THEIR SIDE TODAY AND MANAGED TO SOMEHOW SEE IT THROUGH LOL

His head went, the second miss was shocking and the first one he needed to hit earlier.

I've seen some very senior people in football today laughing their tits off at Traore.

We now look like a hit and hope clusterfook. An ordinary championship side which cost 36million.

1st half possession was some thing like 68 to 32 for them. We were shite 1st half and deserved to lose.

Forest are lively. Our midfield sucks.

Home fans are doing there part certainly he looks lost.

Missing 5 clear cut chances isn't really acceptable for a 15 million pound player.

LyttleByLyttle - 20/8/2017 11:13

Interesting that they think that their midfield sucks.

They have some real quality in the middle of the park.

Mostly they were critical over their lack of an attacking central midfielder or playmaker.

Not sure the could play Gestede, Bamford, Assombalonga and a playmaker - not to say that Monk has it right: two out of those three for me with some creativity in behind. Anyway, fook all of them - I don't like Boro or their manager so happy days.

We now look like a hit and hope clusterfook. An ordinary championship side which cost 36million

:59:

Worryingly I think when the merry go round starts in a week or two KING WARBZ is going to be high on a few clubs list of targets. He's served his apprenticeship at small time no mark clubs in Brentford & the Huns & now he's taken over us the clubs trying to buy the league will come knocking.

Boro were shite but as their fans point out they don't have a great record against us.

Calvin Plummer - 20/8/2017 11:19

LyttleByLyttle - 20/8/2017 11:13

Interesting that they think that their midfield sucks.

They have some real quality in the middle of the park.

Mostly they were critical over their lack of an attacking central midfielder or playmaker.

I think they're expecting Bamford to play that role.

I thought Traore was a tricky little fooker but succumbed to frustration as the game went on.

It's hard to believe anyone could be dense enough to call that penalty 'dodgy'.

It was the most blatent penalty we'll see all season.

Incredibly stupid when the ball was flying well over their heads but it was as clear a shove to the ground as you will see

Pope John XXIII - 20/8/2017 12:04

It's hard to believe anyone could be dense enough to call that penalty 'dodgy'.

It was the most blatent penalty we'll see all season.

Incredibly stupid when the ball was flying well over their heads but it was as clear a shove to the ground as you will see

Yup.

Always worry a bit with BB as he likes to draw a foul and tends to go over a little easily for my money, but this one was nailed on. Right in front of it, couldn't believe what Gibson had done. Moronic defending.

No complaints from any of the Boro players either, which says it all.

I thought channel 5 and particularly the tw@t that presents it , did a really good job getting over to the world just how hard done by Middlesborough were yesterday. Nobody should be in any doubt now that they should have easily won. Gary Monks eyes are too big for his face as well.

jbacsta - 20/8/2017 13:08

I thought channel 5 and particularly the tw@t that presents it , did a really good job getting over to the world just how hard done by Middlesborough were yesterday. Nobody should be in any doubt now that they should have easily won. Gary Monks eyes are too big for his face as well.

But until they change the rules and missed chances count, then the team that scores the more goals wins and gets the points. We should have won away to Barnsley but we didn't. End of.

That's the great thing with editing highlights you can make any team look great but when a team that has been put together for £36 million and it has to resort to hauling a ball into a crowded box for a 6'4" lump to knock it on for a tap in shows just what a tactical genius monk really is.
I honestly believe that if Vaughan hadn't had to go off with the injury which wasn't helped when Britt kicked him up in the air. Then the margin of win would have been three or four goals.

yet if britt had his scoring boots on wed have conceded 3 at least again lol

I dont fancy boro any more than i fancied villa last year so did expect a result against them. A better performance from us in some ways tho still come out of it with exactly the same thoughts, get a decent central midfilelder or two in and we could be top ten. :14:

Couple of links from a Boro forum that remind me of a much missed, recently closed Forest board...

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=123856.0

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=123881.0

Can care less on how they tnought we played. We got the three points and they got "humble" pie

Now we got Newcastle in the league cup and Leeds next Saturday. Be nice to see a,strong finish to the month

Calvin Plummer - 20/8/2017 15:37

Couple of links from a Boro forum that remind me of a much missed, recently closed Forest board...

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=123856.0

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=123881.0

Blimey, the moderating on that is worse than on here.

Mention of the Marquis too.