Bolger Signs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bolger Signs

So Barton turned down half a million from Hearts in the summer and now releases him for free. Strange management.

So Barton turned down half a million from Hearts in the summer and now releases him for free. Strange management.
I think Bolger made it clear he'd sit his contract out so I'm assuming they've allowed that just to get him off the wage bill, although you'd have thought they would have tried to get *something* for him. £10k, £50k, anything.

Very and what is the owner thinking of a club that dont have that much money letting any fee big or small just go!

Especially as ,was it Hearts bid a half million quid for him in the summer .No wonder he is smiling! Is Barton and Fleetwood crazy ????????

Wow that’s a chunk of money to turn down
Danny must be waiting for everyone to leave the room and give it the ‘big un’ to Nicky

much easier to sign decent centre backs and full backs in january than centre forwards, and better value for money. makes good business sense. could the plan be to *wycombe* our way to promotion and save the money until the summer?

now, who's number 2 on the list behind o'hara?

much easier to sign decent centre backs and full backs in january than centre forwards, and better value for money. makes good business sense. could the plan be to *wycombe* our way to promotion and save the money until the summer?

now, who's number 2 on the list behind o'hara?
Lets hope not they were dreadfull at our place!

Three cracking signings today but this is the one which shows the long term intent on our club. Bolger is a quality player who has been signed for the long term. Shack and Bossie have been superb all season but neither are spring chickens. This signing is for not only promotion this year but League 1 next year then who knows.

Three cracking signings today but this is the one which shows the long term intent on our club. Bolger is a quality player who has been signed for the long term. Shack and Bossie have been superb all season but neither are spring chickens. This signing is for not only promotion this year but League 1 next year then who knows.

I really think this is the key- 2 1/2 year deal so planning for now and the future.

Our central defensive team (Shacks, Bozzie and O'Connor from midfield) are all over 30. This gives us some speed and capacity for this season and next and the one after.

Also gives us some flexibility with Bozzie and O'Connor and reducing our goals conceded column.

My only wish is he watches the Swindon game this week when he is at the club- Bozzie puts his heart and soul on the line for our club, week in, week out. We need a defender who has the heart of a lion like Bozzie and Bolger needs to understand this. Looks like he hasn't played in front of large partisan crowds at home before either so will take some time adjusting.

Overall really top signing though