Bobby Robson | Vital Football

Bobby Robson

Rza

Vital Champions League
Think with all the comparisons recently of where Eddie's team sits with our premier league teams of past it's only right we remember the greatest manager we ever had in my life time. Obviously a lot of people going to disagree with me and say Keegan which is fair enough. In my opinion Keegan obviously done a lot more for the club, be it as a player and a manager rescuing us from going down to the old third division, but in my opinion Robson was the better manager. Which is proven by all his other managerial achievements. Anyway a good article here and if you haven't seen the documentary - watch it. It's brilliant

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...-open-their-inspiration-new-film-bobby-robson

Agree totally mate, Imagine if SBR had taken over from KK instead of Dalglish. IMHO he would have pissed that league with KKs team and a few shrewd additions.

Agree totally mate, Imagine if SBR had taken over from KK instead of Dalglish. IMHO he would have pissed that league with KKs team and a few shrewd additions.
100% and to think Robson wanted to stay loyal to Barcelona who ended up screwing him over to bring in useless van Gaal. Then again it was van Gaal Barcelona who we would go on to beat 3-2. It's a funny old game

For what it's worth I still think SBR could have achieved something special with Pardew's side. When you have Krul, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, HBA, Enrique, Cisse and Ba you surely have the makings of a decent side.

For what it's worth I still think SBR could have achieved something special with Pardew's side. When you have Krul, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, HBA, Enrique, Cisse and Ba you surely have the makings of a decent side.
Yea that was some team. Purely from a fantasy point of view it's arguably one of our best 11 and no doubt SBR or Keegan could have went further and possibly even won the league back when it was still winnable. Ffs pardew finished 5th. PARDEW! I do believe that team was assembled with a mixture of penny pinching and a massive amount of luck. Would we have ever signed Ba on a free if it wasn't fat Mike? I dread to think Robson working for the slug

For the first time probably in my time following Newcastle we in a position where we don’t have to sell anyone when previously we sold to the highest bidder. Names that spring to mind like Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne in the 80’s. Then the list goes on with Ginola, and most that Dalglish didn’t fancy. Pardew was basically a puppet for Ashley and his bitter retribution for singing nasty songs about him. Cabaye was always sold the promise of ‘stepping stone’ for a bigger club and Ba has failed a medical at another club and Ben Arfa just turned up unannounced. The season we finished 5th we should have been 4th. Losing the last 2 away games at Wigan and Everton cost us that spot. I still think the thought of having to cover hundreds of Shite Direct boards In the ground if we competed was the factor in not qualifying