Bobby brown shoes ! | Vital Football

Bobby brown shoes !

If England dont win the world cup , I really hope its Belgium and not just because they are my bet but because of Roberto & Jones.
I greatly admire Roberto Martinez and think he is a wonderful Manager and an even better person.

It is a massive honour and privilege to our club that he played and then managed us to our greatest triumph and that he is now Manager of a great footballing side with a real chance of winning the world cup.

Good luck Bobby, you deserve it.

Brazil will have too much for Belgium. But Imagine not wanting a Wigan Athletic icon to succeed in a World Cup, thus bringing worldwide exposure and publicity to our club. Mental!

To be fair, we get very little recognition about Roberto being our ex Manager as the commentators are more inclined to say 'ex Everton Manager Roberto Martinez'. I don't really care either way if he succeeds at Belgium, in fact I hope he doesn't in a way, as I don't agree with foriegn Nationals managing the National team of another country. I would choose to play Brazil over Belgium if we get that far as I feel with all the Premier League connections in the Belgium team they would be a tougher opposition.

It doesn't always have to be about us, Bobby. He's a great man who gave a lot to this club and town. He's very much one of our own and I can only wish him the best of luck in whatever he does, wherever he is

Like watching porridge set watching Bob's football. Well 90% of the time. Boring sideways and backwards passing for passings sake.
However, he is one of ours so good luck Bob.

Tactically perfect tonight. Been the best manager at the tournament.

This World Cup is also putting to bed the myth that England couldn't perform at major tournaments as they were too tired after the Premier League season. Belgium team is packed with Premier League players and they're having no problem. Our own nation now we have a manager who plays to the players strengths is helping that too.

He almost fu**ed it that second half not changing it. Was clear after about an hour the Belgian midfield were out on their feet and Brazil were waltzing through with ease as KDB couldn’t be arsed coming back to help them. I couldn’t believe he didn’t bring Dembele on. Had Brazil came back which they should of Martinez would have been responsible. Thankfully Courtois saved them. I do think France will beat them though. Mbappe will be too good against their makeshift full backs and Fellini/Witsel won’t be able to bully Pogba. But you never know..

But almost isn't is it?
An array of former international footballers praised the managerial masterclass, directly conflicting your view clatic. But I don't need them to help me appreciate our former managers brilliance against your deluded view.

Let's not get into a time machine and go back to arguing the meits of Martinez!

You can say his starting tactics against Japan were awful and he was lucky to get away with it - the goal that got them back in was a fluke and the counter for the winner came from Japan foolishly trying to directly put in a corner when they were so weak at set pieces. Or you can say his subs were spot on, their counter attack goal was excellent and turning that scoreline around and having a team that doesnt give up in those circumstances shows great skill. You could say against Brazil he was lucky with the OG, to avoid penalty and withstand so much late pressure or you could focus on the fact they beat the favourites and succesfully withstood so much pressure largely nulifying Brazils biggest threats. There is truth in both sides of that argument and you can look at it either way to fit what you already felt about him. The truth is he's prob not as good as his biggest admirers feel and not as bad as his biggest critic's believe. He is a mixed bag to say the least.

He's long gone, we had the good, the bad and the ugly for 4 years to shape our thoughts on him. No one is going to change their opinion on him now if you liked or disliked him as a manager back then you prob feel the same now so no point slipping into old arguments as no one is going to change anyone elses mind.

Last edited:
But almost isn't is it?
An array of former international footballers praised the managerial masterclass, directly conflicting your view clatic. But I don't need them to help me appreciate our former managers brilliance against your deluded view.
They’d have rightly slaughtered him for not changing it when they were getting battered second half had they gone on to lose. Football is a game of fine margins. By the way I like him you bloody doughnut.

Tactically perfect tonight. Been the best manager at the tournament.

This World Cup is also putting to bed the myth that England couldn't perform at major tournaments as they were too tired after the Premier League season. Belgium team is packed with Premier League players and they're having no problem. Our own nation now we have a manager who plays to the players strengths is helping that too.
It shows how great the premier league is at making other countries great.
Time to limit overseas players. Needn't be drastic but 5 per squad would be a nice start.

I love Bobby

I think every one of us can probably give a personal account of how genuine and a likeable person he is (mine is about bumping into him at the theatre) plus the Belgium-Latics connection plus I stand to gain £120 if Belgium win the World Cup BUT I really do hope we smash them if we meet in the final.

Unlucky Bobster, did all he could but France just too good. Going to need a performance akin to the 2013 FA Cup final to beat them should we get past Croatia.

Need a performance akin to the last quarter in 2011/12 in the greatest escape in Premier League history.
The World Cup is nothing compared to our journey.
Even an England win fades into insignificance compared to what we have witnessed and face it the England side are all highly payed superstars and will have done nothing more than theyve meant to do if we are to believe the hyped up shite about the standard of the greed league.