Boateng & Stockley | Vital Football

Boateng & Stockley

Boating out of contract but likely to cost a fee if Exeter offer him a new contract. Shockley would require a lot of money. He’s Exeter’s record signing. Both probably looking league 1/ Scottish Prem maybe even lower championship. I doubt they’ll end up here.

"Peterborough's captain and player of season Michael Bostwick is wanted by Blackburn Rovers."

"Peterborough's captain and player of season Michael Bostwick is wanted by Blackburn Rovers."
Fair enough. But consider he was based in the area and didn't want to move reportedly which was a bonus for us. Stockley came from Aberdeen so is based in Exeter or Scotland most likely whilst Boateng came from Crystal Palace so is most likely to be based in London and we look less likely to sign them.

Yeah I don't think they'll turn up at Sinny Bank but impossible is...

Can’t say I am as sold on Boateng as others. Great against us in play offs, but seems to be a player who turns it on in big games but doesn’t alway give his full efforts in the lesser games.

Shockley would be an incredible signing for anyone in the division, but doubt we can afford him, and likely to go up the leagues.

Both would be unbelievable signings... but would be very surprised if they came off (transfer fee, relocation, L1 clubs' interest etc.).

Boaters scores an exceptional goal against us but did very little yesterday. He’s not a prolific scorer either so I think is being a bit overrated because of his recent TV exposure. Andrade may well prove to be a better player in my view.
Stockley is a handful at L2 level and will surely be looking at L1 or even higher unless he goes for the dosh somewhere like FGR if they flog Doidge to Cardiff. I’d be amazed if we saw either at SB.

Exeter city fc retained list not yet available....no facts.
In my opinion Boateng showed very little on his Wembley appearance yesterday but was a world beater when playing us over 2 legs and that`s because we gave him the freedom of the park......... mr inconsistent and only scores when he plays LCFC!

Exeter city fc retained list not yet available....no facts.
In my opinion Boateng showed very little on his Wembley appearance yesterday but was a world beater when playing us over 2 legs and that`s because we gave him the freedom of the park......... mr inconsistent and only scores when he plays LCFC!
Just like Reuben Reid used to do! Though he was probably a bit more consistent

1st leg of play-off sticks in my mind our players running past Boateng and him not attempting to track back. Did he get only 1 other goal apart from the worldie against us

Did I hear right that Exeter paid £100k for Stockley? Worth considerably more these days, but I'd have him in a heartbeat, top class!

1st leg of play-off sticks in my mind our players running past Boateng and him not attempting to track back. Did he get only 1 other goal apart from the worldie against us

My recollection of the first leg was a real duel for midfield supremacy between Boateng and Woodyard which Alex won. Boateng also seems to only last 60 mins and he doesn't cover territory like Woodyard or Whitehouse. He can look class on the ball but doesn't do the ugly stuff which Woodyard is so good at.