Blair free to go | Vital Football

Blair free to go

caj85

Vital Youth Team
According to the Evening Post Blair Adams has been told by Notts County that he is free to go. Hopefully Mansfield snap him up and we can make a move for Sheehan thus giving Milson a chance in centre mid.

I always saw him as being a bit light weight. Good luck to him if he moves on though. I agree that it would be good to see what Milsom could do in Midfield. With Noble coming back and Aborah and Thompson already available there, we seem to have plenty at our disposal. The important thing will be getting the best combination depending on the formation that Fullarton favours.

It looks like the initial story by the Evening Post was a bit premature:

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-boss-Jamie-Fullarton-impressed/story-28572113-detail/story.html?

The bigger priority is a no nonsense centre half. Milsom has proved a solid left back. If Adams departure could release funds for a centre half, then that is fine by me

Would be interesting to know what happened here. Was Adam Murray playing porkies in order to unsettle the player, or were we playing mind games with Mansfield so they'd only have a week and a half to find a new left-back?

Being Notts, I'm guessing it was probably just a balls up... but I'm glad he's staying. A relatively young, decent player leaving to go to our rivals would leave a bitter taste in the mouth!

DomdomPie - 20/1/2016 14:45

Would be interesting to know what happened here. Was Adam Murray playing porkies in order to unsettle the player, or were we playing mind games with Mansfield so they'd only have a week and a half to find a new left-back?

Being Notts, I'm guessing it was probably just a balls up... but I'm glad he's staying. A relatively young, decent player leaving to go to our rivals would leave a bitter taste in the mouth!

Personally, I choose to believe Fullarton is the new Mourinho/Ferguson doing it just to mess with their heads, and that it wasn't just another Notts balls up, but I realize the odds are long.

The fact that Alan Sheehan is apparently signing for Luton Town today may have had some bearing on this decision. I think it's only a loan deal for Alan though and he said "maybe one day again" in regards to playing for Notts, so maybe in the summer...??

Spending an entire transfer window wondering whether Alan Sheehan is signing is becoming a bit of a Notts tradition. Why stop now?