BLADES v Fulham at BDBL | Page 5 | Vital Football

BLADES v Fulham at BDBL

We weren't really sitting back until VAR scratched the 4th goal. My view is that we're so fragile individually and collectively now that after Bournemouth and similar late capitulations, the realisation they were 'only' 2 goals ahead was enough to throw them into panic mode yet again. That goal counts and I think we'd have scored another. Bringing on Norwood who sadly is now completely shot and talking off McBurnie, a move which has cost us goals before just seemed to add to the feeling of impending doom for fans and players alike and the only surprise for me was that Fulham didn't get a fourth.

It's gutting to think that despite how poor we've been all season we should be only 3 points from safety right now and in with a genuine chance of staying up, but the facts are we don't have enough mentally strong leaders. Those we did have are either injured or have left.

Last edited:
We weren't really sitting back until VAR scratched the 4th goal. My view is that we're so fragile individually and collectively now that after Bournemouth and similar late capitulations, the realisation they were 'only' 2 goals ahead was enough to throw them into panic mode yet again. That goal counts and I think we'd have scored another. Bringing on Norwood who sadly is now completely shot and talking off McBurnie, a move which has cost us goals before just seemed to add to the feeling of impending doom for fans and players alike and the only surprise for me was that Fulham didn't get a fourth.

It's gutting to think that despite how poor we've been all season we should be only 3 points from safety right now and in with a genuine chance of staying up, but the facts are we don't have enough mentally strong leaders. Those we did have are either injured or have left.
Playing it a bit too safe in the first half for me Gray
But, your right, we seem to crumble very easily

What table you looking at gray every one I look at we’re 7pts adrift 🥴

Well I agree that we look f,,ked but the eternal optimist in me believes there is still chance of survival if Lady Luck smiles on us for a change! If a miracle does happen would things be any better next season in this bent as an Arabs Dagger league? Doubt it and personally would prefer us to be shit hot in the Championship and really have some excitement to look forward to!

What table you looking at gray every one I look at we’re 7pts adrift 🥴
We are Bully, I was just on about where we'd be if we hadn't chucked away 4 points late on again in our last two games. We all probably think that we're miles off but actually with better late game management we'd be right in the mix mate. It's like they're expecting to concede late on.

They din't even discus the disallowed goal on MOTD. Cnts.

I was expecting more than the 25% possession we managed, as defensively error prone as we are giving the opposition so much of the ball is suicidal. That being said McBurnie, BBD and Hamer were bright enough to combine for the four goals, with a lovely Quaresma cross from McB for the opener. It was one of Hamer's better showings in the second half and on this form he'll be an asset in the Championship.

We should have won it but that's two games in a row we've thrown points away. Souza trying to head the ball without jumping or marking his man for their first and Norwood being pushed aside like a child in the build up to their third were comical - neither should still be here next season. I don't know what Trusty offers either, awful player I'd be happy to see the back of.

I think Willder managed Muniz at Boro. Didn't make much difference in keeping him quiet though. An in form PL striker is far two much for our defenders to cope with.
That cross/pass for Big Ben's goal from Oli McB was magnificent,if one of the league's superstars had done that the pundits wudda been comin their cocoa over it.Hamer's cross for Big Ben's 2nd wasn't bad either.UTB

We are Bully, I was just on about where we'd be if we hadn't chucked away 4 points late on again in our last two games. We all probably think that we're miles off but actually with better late game management we'd be right in the mix mate. It's like they're expecting to concede late on.

When you've had 25% possession, everyone is going to run out of steam towards the 90th minute.