BLADES v Cherries at the Vitality | Page 2 | Vital Football

BLADES v Cherries at the Vitality

Bit of physicality with the front two is good
George should be right back not Bogle!!,
I thought Arblaster was an attacking midfielder, definitely playing as a defensive one, is that is natural role?, or, is he playing out of position??, Hamer gets some stupid bookings!!
Great to see us close the opposition down!!!
0-1 halftime brilliant!!!!!!!
Come on Blades!!!!

I've found a working stream for once - sportl.ivesoccer.sx - in case anyone's stream crashes.

Whatever happens second half, this is enough justification to at least keep the defence the same. Just get Holgate in for Trusty.

Brereton is showing how much we've missed him. As is McBurnie. If we could put our strongest attack out for more than the odd game we'd be quite a different team. Brereton is actually PL standard, which is quite a shock to see in our team. Although like the only other PL standard player we have, he's just a loanee. Would love him next season, but can't see it.

The substitutions saw us lose any threat, any up front presence, any outlet.

If they were due to fitess/injuries fair enough.
If not they've cost us a win.

Good result but fitness issues have completely cost us once again.

Brereton and McBurnie might have started..... but obviously they both had to come off didn't they. Because...... well it's just what we do. Despite the obvious consequences on the pitch. Consequences we duly suffered.

Did they really, really have to come off? Couldn't they have done another 10 minutes each? Or did 'the science' tell us to take them off?

If they both stayed on we would have probably won. Maybe if only one of them stayed on.

When they went off we didn't get into their half at all. You can go for the backs to the wall approach but you need to get out at least once every 4 minutes or so - and we came nowhere near that thanks to having absolutely fuck all at the top of the pitch.

Wilder is now resorting to his previous gameplan in the Prem - and it never worked then either.

Better today though - good to see George back, BBD is always a threat, and a really decent match from Arblaster.

Wilder is now resorting to his previous gameplan in the Prem - and it never worked then either.

Better today though - good to see George back, BBD is always a threat, and a really decent match from Arblaster.
There were some bright spots there Aya but, for whatever reson they were made, the substitutions ost us.
We actually had a threat going forward in glimpses.

Bit of physicality with the front two is good
George should be right back not Bogle!!,
I thought Arblaster was an attacking midfielder, definitely playing as a defensive one, is that is natural role?, or, is he playing out of position??, Hamer gets some stupid bookings!!
Great to see us close the opposition down!!!
0-1 halftime brilliant!!!!!!!
Come on Blades!!!!
Dunno where everybodies got this idea about arblaster seen it all over X he’s never been an attacking midfielder always plays in the centre as a holding player in the Norwood role he can also pick a pass which he did on a couple of occasions during the game

More annoyed today than last week 2-0 up and yet we are still so lethargic instead of busting a gut to keep the lead,Osborne’s turn to switch off this week for the leveller not sure who’s turn it is next game 🫤 when the front 2 went off we were done it was just one way traffic I know osula is young but it was a pathetic effort and he looked knackered from the off what’s all that about 🤷‍♂️
Noticeable robbo kept the armband when ahmedhodzic came on rightly so imo, bogle never been a defender and not convinced with the keeper at all proper Dracula 6’5” and can’t won’t come for crosses
As for Bournemouth fall down at every available opportunity but moan when our players did it I’m really beginning to dislike them

Dunno where everybodies got this idea about arblaster seen it all over X he’s never been an attacking midfielder always plays in the centre as a holding player in the Norwood role he can also pick a pass which he did on a couple of occasions during the game
Looks like he can be a player, he was a bit of fresh air, you can definitely see potential, but, honestly, didn’t know his position

Well it's enough result for me to have a Satdi drink to celebrate...it doesn't take much i know.

Aside from Arblaster, another positive today is that Mainz lost 8-1 at Bayern. Fantastic! Anything that in any way normalises such scorelines in the top leagues and makes us look just a bit less pathetic is not to be sniffed at.