BLADES seal deal for Jili Buyabu | Vital Football

BLADES seal deal for Jili Buyabu

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
BLADES have beaten a host of Championship clubs to sign this 18 year old lad from Isthmian Premier League club Hornchurch according to Teamtalk(News Now pages).The BLADES are also said to be looking into the possibility of bringing Ismaila Coulibaly to BDBL in January from Beerschot. UTB

Last edited:
Another interesting one for the U23's. The club obviously has a great reputation for developing this age group. I still feel like there aren't enough making the final step to the first team.

Interesting to see what we do with Coulibaly too. He was supposed to be the next big thing, but he's not been getting minutes in Belgium. Seriki is the same. He's a lad who looks like he's got all the components to play at first team level.

He was on trial at chelsea earlier in the season and Man City showed interest that’s as good an endorsement as you can get

He's injured and has been most of the season. He's comfortably their best player when fit.
I’ve just read a piece on him in the examiner from a couple of days ago and they don’t mention injuries just that he’s only started twice and that hecky is seriously looking at bringing him back

He's injured and has been most of the season. He's comfortably their best player when fit.
The article said Hecky had said he was looking into bringing him to BDBL in January to have a look at him training with us,so presumably he isn't that badly injured.It also mentioned something about if Beerschot were relegated it could/would affect his chances of getting him a work permit for over here. UTB

I’ve just read a piece on him in the examiner from a couple of days ago and they don’t mention injuries just that he’s only started twice and that hecky is seriously looking at bringing him back

There's a Beerschot fan who regularly posts on S2 and he says that he's been injured most of the season. He seems like a stand-up guy, so I've no reason to doubt him.

It also mentioned something about if Beerschot were relegated it could/would affect his chances of getting him a work permit for over here. UTB

That appears to be the case. If we wait until the end of the season and they are relegated then he won't get enough points to get a work permit unless he gets international caps. He was actually called up for the first time in October, but had to withdraw because of his injury, so he's probably not too far away from qualifying via that route. He'd probably have to spend another six months to a year in a European league first though, as there aren't many international games coming up.

I’d bring him back once here we can always loan him to an English club may need to get used to the rough and tumble of the English league

I’d bring him back once here we can always loan him to an English club may need to get used to the rough and tumble of the English league

He'd have to go to a Championship club though, in order to keep qualifying for a work permit. The likes of Barnsley, Peterborough and Hull would probably be interested I would imagine. If it's true that Norwich want to sign Hourihane (which I have doubts around) then I'd give the lad a go in our midfield.

We're signing another non league kid apparently - Miguel Freckleton (what a name).

Seems this is the market we're in now.

You have to give the club credit, they've quickly adjusted to being skint - almost as if it's their natural mode....

We're signing another non league kid apparently - Miguel Freckleton (what a name).

Seems this is the market we're in now.

You have to give the club credit, they've quickly adjusted to being skint - almost as if it's their natural mode....

Peterborough have gone down this channel in the last few years and it seems to have been profitable for them. Buy cheap and later sell on for a million or two when they cannot keep hold of them. Assombalonga is a prime example. Its good if you can unearth some rich talent (etc Che Adams), but is it sustainable if your a club eyeing up promotion to the Premier League?

As for Freckleton. He plays for Mangostsfield United and is an Attackive-Midfielder; http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/miguel-freckleton. Though another source suggests that he is a defender; https://southern-football-league.co.uk/Player-Display/87367/2019/2020