Blades Revival | Vital Football

Blades Revival

Fan not a Fanatic

Vital Squad Member
My windfall yesterday got me thinking when I joined the BR and why. I remember Reg Brealey launched it with Andy Daykin and they hired the Roxy, it cost £2.00 a week and was to be used towards buying players, the rewards were various prizes in a draw.
Couple of memories I can recall from the launch a Roxys was the introduction of the current Miss Sheffield United and an incident with Peter Beagrie and a well built Blade, he had Beagrie against the wall, people gathered around wondering what was going on, the guy was absolutely full and kept repeating " Peter Beagrie you are fucking brilliant" over and over again Beags didn't looked comfortable. The Roxy what a dump your feet stuck to the carpeted floor with spilled beer. My number was 2229 and still is today, luckily I didn't join to make loads of money had a few touches over the years but no big windfalls.
Can't remember when it changed to the Super Draw but I believe the money now goes towards the Academy , so I can claim I helped Walker, Naughton, Harry, Brooks and Lowton on their road to riches.

20181019_110731_HDR - Copy.jpg

While looking if I still had my Blades Revival membership card which found, I noticed the corners had been cut off for 1993/1997/1998, I think you had to take your ST and this card to get away tickets, not sure. Also found some ticket stubs SUFC v WHU Rumbelows Cup 1991 £7.50 on kop, Leeds v SUFC 1991 div 1 £7.00, SWFC v SUFC Zenith Cup 1989 £4.50. SUFC v Barnsley 5th rd cup 1990 £4.00 that's when we played them 3 times (2-2, 0-0 and 1-0)played Man utd in QF lost 1-0 McClair.
But the prized one Leicester v SUFC Sat 5th May 1990, away supporter standing enclosure 0394, £4.50 what a day. Didn't realize I was such a hoarder.

Never kept a blades ticket in my life just as well I’d not get in the loft if I had one,only got programmes from the cup semis and play off finals and that green un. Definitely not a hoarder

Use to be but grew out of it, old age does that :cool:
I'm well into owd age and some say senility's set in but hey ho Unless summat untowards befalls mi i'll be in't Railway on Tuesday for a couple of pints then into BDBL for the visit of the Stokies,YAY,COME ON YOU RED&WHITE WIZAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDSSSS.UTCB

My windfall yesterday got me thinking when I joined the BR and why. I remember Reg Brealey launched it with Andy Daykin and they hired the Roxy, it cost £2.00 a week and was to be used towards buying players, the rewards were various prizes in a draw.
Couple of memories I can recall from the launch a Roxys was the introduction of the current Miss Sheffield United and an incident with Peter Beagrie and a well built Blade, he had Beagrie against the wall, people gathered around wondering what was going on, the guy was absolutely full and kept repeating " Peter Beagrie you are fucking brilliant" over and over again Beags didn't looked comfortable. The Roxy what a dump your feet stuck to the carpeted floor with spilled beer. My number was 2229 and still is today, luckily I didn't join to make loads of money had a few touches over the years but no big windfalls.
Can't remember when it changed to the Super Draw but I believe the money now goes towards the Academy , so I can claim I helped Walker, Naughton, Harry, Brooks and Lowton on their road to riches.

View attachment 29572
It became the Red Ribbon before it became the SuperDraw Lotto.

It is the best way you can spend £1................i have 7 go's.

My biggest win was £2,000 i was notified by Rooker via my phone,this was minutes after the final whistle had gone when the Pigs had just got relegated versus Palace.