Blades New Signing: Sam Curtis? | Vital Football

Blades New Signing: Sam Curtis?

Thanks for that Hal. Much appreciated.
As every one knows, not all academy signings come off, but those that do are well worth the effort. If this transfer goes through, let’s hope this is another one of our great successes. I respect Keith Andrew’s judgement, so it must be worth a punt.

As every one knows, not all academy signings come off, but those that do are well worth the effort. If this transfer goes through, let’s hope this is another one of our great successes. I respect Keith Andrew’s judgement, so it must be worth a punt.
Cheers, yeah I am of the exact same mind as you. Worth a punt!

Well Sam has a great pedigree so is obviously a talented young lad who deserves a punt, and if he,s as agressive as some as the women in the North who used to frighten me to dearh while on patrol in Crossmaglen I doubt he will ever pull out of a tackle!

Keith Treacy, that name's a blast from the past.

Curtis sounds promising, to make his senior debut at 14 and have big European clubs sniffing around him points to him being a bit special. Could he or Sachdev be promoted to the first team squad next season ? Baldock, Bogle and Seriki still haven't signed new deals, I'm not sure Seriki will be offered one.

I think it was Bully who said this was gunna happen a couple of weeks ago.Sam Curtis does seem like a real prospect from the bits i've seen about him.UTB

It surely means cheerio to one of Baldock or Bogle. And if Curtis can actually stay fit, as well as being half decent, then that's probably no bad thing. But losing Baldock does worry me.

I'm very pleased we have Keith Andrews on board. He's always come across very well, a decent, level headed no BS individual who knows his stuff. And he could be a great link to Irish players for us, at every level - capped, uncapped, youth and domestic based.