BLADES at Wolves on Sunday | Page 3 | Vital Football

BLADES at Wolves on Sunday

Well that was way better than I thought it would be. Some decent performances there but Norwood the obvious exception. He needs to be subbed

I was pleasantly surprised by that. I thought Brewster did well and put a good shift in. As Gray says definitely deserved something.

IF Brewster can put in a shift like that every game AND stay fit the goals will come for him. What was good to see is that he was not holding back and trying to protect his hamstring. The kid's got genuine pace but we've not seen enough of it or when we have he's broken down. Finger's crossed he can get a few decent games under his belt now.

You know what..... we can keep those red shorts for me.

We look stunning.
Red Star BelBlades. Keep the black trim on the kit but ditch the black shorts. We always look more visually striking wearing red or white shorts.

I missed the game and expected another hammering. But from watching the highlights it looks like we created chaos on the counter and should have come away with a result. Half decent cross in our box with Larouci losing his man for their winner.

It's a performance to build on anyway as we try to climb off the bottom.

It was a game we could have won but we missed chances at the crucial time, and they scored.

Smart of us to keep it down to 1, to make space for the 8 Arsenal will get next week.

Brewster was good but he's barely worth comment until he stays fit for a prolonged period. Larouci also encouraging, but again, it's barely worth comment because he'll almost certainly not be signed.

Hamer needs to offer us so much more, in a game like that. Massively disappointing. He looks miles away from being effective at this level. He's another we'll only get any sort of return on if he helps us back up.

It was a game we could have won but we missed chances at the crucial time, and they scored.

Smart of us to keep it down to 1, to make space for the 8 Arsenal will get next week.

Brewster was good but he's barely worth comment until he stays fit for a prolonged period. Larouci also encouraging, but again, it's barely worth comment because he'll almost certainly not be signed.

Hamer needs to offer us so much more, in a game like that. Massively disappointing. He looks miles away from being effective at this level. He's another we'll only get any sort of return on if he helps us back up.
Hamer was the marquee signing to placate the fans after Ndiaye was sold. Hamer is nowhere near that level. I would swap him for OHare who looks a better fit for us.

Hamer was the marquee signing to placate the fans after Ndiaye was sold. Hamer is nowhere near that level. I would swap him for OHare who looks a better fit for us.
Yes, he was. That's why it happened so quickly, and that's why we overspent on the fee.

I want him around next season though. We can't be hasty discarding players just because they aren't up to this level. Not that we could sell him acceptably anyway. He might even be a carrot to tempt O'Hare with.

I'd rather sell Souza who still has to be crowbarred into our team/system. But again, how we sell him acceptably I don't know.

Central midfield seems to have become the big dividing line between Championship and PL. Brownhill and Cullen have been as atrocious this season as they were excellent last, Scott and Doyle have struggled to establish themselves and Berge is Berge. Luton brought in top flight experience in Lakongo and Barkley, which was a gamble that's helped them be competitive.

In his first few games there were flashes from Hamer of the IT factor he had at Coventry. But apart from the odd Hollywood pass it's been pummelled out of him - sticking him out wide didn't help. He looks slow, un-athletic, weak and, coming as a surprise to me, technically lacking. It was a career goal for him to play in the PL, he thought he was more than good enough and and he's flopped hard.

One of the tasks next season is to obviously get Hamer enjoying his football again.

Well having just watched it back I think I must be too harsh cos to me we looked impotent never looked like scoring had the best chances but never troubled the keeper Brewster won’t ever be prolific in mesters football he doesn’t get in the right positions he did it in his 1st season at spurs just didn’t attack the space in the box and no different today had 3 shots on target all from wide outside the far post he doesn’t get in where he should be 3yrs watching a master craftsman at work on a daily basis and learnt fuck all 🫤
The midfield don’t want the ball they can’t wait to get rid usually backwards too,there doesn’t seem to be a game plan epitomised by the free kick near the end when it demanded an effort on goal 🙈 and we are so weak in the tackle next season he needs some big players cos we look like a team of midgets they constantly won the Ariel battle all over the pitch and yet again a basic schoolboy error costs us the game what are we doing in training where yet again a player just lets his man run free in the box 🤷‍♂️
Plus points ? We didn’t get hammered but we played a team well off their game today and for me didn’t lay a glove on them
Roll on next week …… oh wait 🫣

I think we deserved at least a point with that display.I think Rhian played well and i've allus said i think there's a player in there if and yes i know it's a BIG IF but if he can stay fit he'll do ok for us.Soz if i'm bein too optimistic for some but that's how i saw it yesdi.UTB