Blackpool - Travel problems | Vital Football

Blackpool - Travel problems

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Just a heads-up for anyone traveling, or thinking of traveling to Blackpool on Tuesday.

There are major works going on this week on BOTH railway and motorway routes into and out of Blackpool.

There are no trains, so anyone coming up here on the choo choo will be able to get as far as Preston and will then have to continue by replacement buses.

To make matters worse there will be closures of the M55 this coming week. The M55 is the motorway route to Blackpool from the M6. Junction 4 is the Blackpool end, Junction 1 is the Preston end.

This is the press release:

Sections of the M55 motorway are set to close overnight so roadworks can be carried out. Traffic will be banned from junction four to junction three eastbound from 8pm until 6am on various nights between Thursday, November 16 and Saturday, December 2.

Junction three to junction one eastbound will close from 8pm on Monday, November 27 until 6am the following day. And the eastbound exit and entry slips at junction three will be closed from 8pm on Monday, November 20, until 6am on Saturday, December 2.
A 50mph limit will also be imposed in places.

Clear as mud then, basically, expect delays !

I don`t expect that there will be many Gills fans at the game?

Anyone traveling should check the website

LancsGordoRoad - 19/11/2017 15:30

I don`t expect that there will be many Gills fans at the game?

I doubt there will be many Blackpool fans either, no disrespects to your club, it is just the way things are at present.

Safe journey for those that attend.

Anyone traveling should check the website

Macc Gill - 19/11/2017 15:41

Thanks Lancs - the drive up from Cheshire will be interesting!

Macc, If the entry onto to the M55 at Junction 4 (which is the start of the M55) is closed on the journey post game then consider the A583, which is signposted Kirkham. The A583 is accessible via the big roundabout that sits over the top the M55 at Junction 4. The A583 runs all the way into Preston where you can pick up the signs for M6 South. The roads in Preston city centre aren`t that busy at 10pm.

Vambo, that`s fair :45:

So is it helicopter only then to guarantee punctual arrival at Blackpool?
I guess the team coach will be traveling up tomorrow? Seems a bit risky to leave travel until Tuesday.

Thanks LGR. I'll be heading over from West Yorks. Was planning to leave by 4 anyway. Looks like i'll need the full 3 and three quarter hours to get there!!

Unless I'm misreading Lanc's post the problem is going to be after the game, road closures overnight from 20.00 hrs. The match kicks off at 19.45 hrs so getting to the game should be ok apart from normal traffic problems.

Heading off to the illuminations - better known as Bloomfield Road floodlights.

Just to add to traffic issues - it`s been pishing down here all afternoon - and it`s still pishing down..... COYG`s....

My weather app says it will dry during the game at least, but torrential rain again afterwards and all night and all day tomorrow!