Blackpool Manager | Vital Football

Blackpool Manager

I am not surprised, talk on the Pool forums for some time now has been getting him replaced, we have been sliding down the league since late November when we had the same number of points as the sixth placed team and in the January window the chance of obtaining the services of another striker, wing back and attacking midfielder to strengthen the squad.
His tactics at times were hard to understand, taking a one goal lead then sitting back and allowing the opposition to gain confidence to come forward and with a defence that had no idea how to defend set pieces yet with signing twelve new players and still no improvement.
What did they do on the training ground instead of improvements they just got steadily worse.
There was talk that he had lost the dressing room a while back, could just be gossip but the results in the past couple of months have been dreadful, if we had lost to Southend he would certainly have gone last weekend.
I was one of those that did not want him to return following his rapid departure back in December 2008, to Leeds a few days before Christmas and with nine loan players due to return to their clubs in the following weeks we were fortunate to survive relegation.

With little chance of getting relegated / promoted and the transfer window closed what do you gain by paying him off and replacing him?

It seems like an odd decision.

I think the new millionaire owner has big plans and flew over from Hong Kong especially for last night’s match. I guess he wasn’t impressed with what he saw.

With little chance of getting relegated / promoted and the transfer window closed what do you gain by paying him off and replacing him?

It seems like an odd decision.

Not at all.

It gives a new man a chance to come in and really get to know the squad rather than turn up for pre season with only a short time to make decisions on the various ins and outs.

Will also mean any new contract extensions between now and then will be made by the person who will manage those players.

Makes perfect sense to me if they’ve decided he’s not the man to take them forward.

Well if the team continued playing his brand of football the attendances from a few months back of 8,9,11, thousand to where we are now 7,000 on Saturday against Southend will diminish further and getting fans back is a hard task, you need results.
We have probably 5,000 hard core supporters and like any other club thousands who turn up in the good times but step back when the going gets tough.
Simon Sadler the new owner has ploughed a good deal of cash in getting BFC started again, the feel good factor came along and needs to remain, except the team has shown little appetite for a fight and that is down to the manager, it is the manager who fires the team up, gets them playing a passing game not just hoofing the ball up to a lone striker particularly when playing at home.
I would not be surprised if he takes on a manager until the end of the season and reviews the situation early summer.
I am glad SG gone, as I said earlier I had hoped we didn't take him on in the first place.

PS, Thanks, your last minute goal probably made the decision,.

Last edited:
Well if the team continued playing his brand of football the attendances from a few months back of 8,9,11, thousand to where we are now 7,000 on Saturday against Southend will diminish further and getting fans back is a hard task, you need results.
We have probably 5,000 hard core supporters and like any other club thousands who turn up in the good times but step back when the going gets tough.
Simon Sadler the new owner has ploughed a good deal of cash in getting BFC started again, the feel good factor came along and needs to remain, except the team has shown little appetite for a fight and that is down to the manager, it is the manager who fires the team up, gets them playing a passing game not just hoofing the ball up to a lone striker particularly when playing at home.
I would not be surprised if he takes on a manager until the end of the season and reviews the situation early summer.
I am glad SG gone, as I said earlier I had hoped we didn't take him on in the first place.

PS, Thanks, your last minute goal probably made the decision,.
Tbf, you've been on a terrible run and were lucky to beat Sarfend. Losing to the Gills is often the death knell for managers.