Blackpool (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI | Vital Football

Blackpool (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI

1-0 to City.

I'd bring House in for Walker and possibly rest Mandroiu if his toe isn't fixed bringing in Smith to add a bit to the middle of the park

Jensen
O'Connor Jackson Roughan
Sorensen Smith Erhahon Burrough
Hamilton
Hackett House

A few random thoughts:

No goals conceded in 6 games for Blackpool; these sequences often end spectacularly.

Despite their unbeaten start and six successive clean sheets, many Blackpool fans are unhappy with Mr Critchley; will that transmit to their players?

There may be a temptation to give some of our impact subs a starting place, considering how successful they have been. However, we lose their value as impact subs - would the players they replace be similarly effective from the bench?

Will Eyoma be back in the matchday squad or has Alex Mitchell's arrival sent him too far down the pecking order now?

It doesn't sound like any of the fringe players did themselves any favours at Huddersfield.

2-0 to the Mighty Imps.

Probably House for Walker in a change from Shrewsbury. Would love it if we could find a way to make both play effectively together. Might be possible.

Definitely would not start with Walker

Jensen
O'Connor Jackson Roughan
Sorensen Hamilton Erhahon Burroughs
Mandroui (if fit) or Bishop
Hackett House

I'll go with 2-1 with Virtue scoring for Blackpool.

Another team who you would think will be top 7/8 this season to test ourselves against, neither House or Walker are in any sort of form, 1-1.

Another team who you would think will be top 7/8 this season to test ourselves against, neither House or Walker are in any sort of form, 1-1.

Agreed re House and Walker. But would much rather than an out of form forward who puts in the effort (House) than an out of form forward who doesn't seem to (Walker).

Either of them might just need a goal though to bring some kind of form back.

The forwards are only as good as the service they get.

Plenty on here were excited at the prospect of Walker returning.

Do we not know what sort of player he is? He won't charge about all afternoon because that his not his job nor should it be to a certain extent. His job is to put the ball in the back of the net and for that he needs opportunities created for him.

Where has it become that the first criteria of our centre forward is to be able to run around all afternoon closing people down.

You all know Walker doesn't do that from the last time he was at the club. If you want somebody to do that play House. Walker needs chances created for him and if he gets that he will put them away.

Yes they have to put a certain amount of work in when defending from the front but let's get away from this is what we want from our centre forward. We want our forwards on the attacking front foot or your going to end up watching exactly the same defensive, uninspiring bordering boring football if last season.

We have got to move on from that and become a much more forward thinking attacking team.

The forwards are only as good as the service they get.

Plenty on here were excited at the prospect of Walker returning.

Do we not know what sort of player he is? He won't charge about all afternoon because that his not his job nor should it be to a certain extent. His job is to put the ball in the back of the net and for that he needs opportunities created for him.

Where has it become that the first criteria of our centre forward is to be able to run around all afternoon closing people down.

You all know Walker doesn't do that from the last time he was at the club. If you want somebody to do that play House. Walker needs chances created for him and if he gets that he will put them away.

Yes they have to put a certain amount of work in when defending from the front but let's get away from this is what we want from our centre forward. We want our forwards on the attacking front foot or your going to end up watching exactly the same defensive, uninspiring bordering boring football if last season.

We have got to move on from that and become a much more forward thinking attacking team.
This is the usual cart in front of horse argument.

How do we create more chances?

You say yourself Walker contributes little other than scoring...so are we likely to create more chances with House in the side or Walker?

Basically if we can't play good football with House in the side, Walker would make things worse.

Looking at our performances this season, however....

we are creating more chances and that is down to better attacking, creative players in the side rather than Sanders, Virtue, Diamond etc.

The only question is will we win more games with the presence of House, a good recent goal scorer and excellent without the ball or Walker.

I personally think either will score goals.

...and we will use both frequently but not necessarily together very often?

I think starting the game with House constantly pressing and closing down causing the defence a series of problems, then bringing on Walker on 60 mins to present a already tired defence new problems is the way forward. Both forwards will need to be marked out of the game which will allow others to get into overload situations.

I think starting the game with House constantly pressing and closing down causing the defence a series of problems, then bringing on Walker on 60 mins to present a already tired defence new problems is the way forward. Both forwards will need to be marked out of the game which will allow others to get into overload situations.
I agree with you on that - I also thought House looked better on Saturday than he had done previously this season. Maybe he's getting a bit more sleep now??

This is the usual cart in front of horse argument.

How do we create more chances?

You say yourself Walker contributes little other than scoring...so are we likely to create more chances with House in the side or Walker?

Basically if we can't play good football with House in the side, Walker would make things worse.

Looking at our performances this season, however....

we are creating more chances and that is down to better attacking, creative players in the side rather than Sanders, Virtue, Diamond etc.

The only question is will we win more games with the presence of House, a good recent goal scorer and excellent without the ball or Walker.

I personally think either will score goals.

...and we will use both frequently but not necessarily together very often?
House and Walker are not the creators, they are the finishers and both have different attributes to their game.

I'm not having a pop at either of them but you know that you are going to get which ever one plays.

What I am saying is that we have to show more respect to House as a goalscorer. People automatically just think he is going to run his arse off all game and pop up with a goal every third game or so and he will but he will also want to be involved more on getting on the end of chances and will want to increase on his goal tally of last season to make him much more of an all round player.

Totally agree with you that we have much more creativity in the team now and a more solid base and these are the players both House and Walker will be relying on in creating enough chances for them to do their job which, primarily is to score goals.

Excepted it's still early days and at the moment both have had circumstances that maybe has contributing factors as to why they are not up to full speed and I don't think either of them have staked their claim to be first choice striker just yet.

We have had 7 different scorers already haven’t we? So even if Walker or House aren’t firing on all cylinders (and that’s certainly been the case so far) we still have lots of other potential scoring options.

I had Blackpool down finishing fourth and still expect they will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Think it will be a draw, but hopefully we can nick a tight win.

The thing is though, our current style of play - similar to last season in a way - relies on someone pressing up front. I agree that Walker is not the type of player to do that, as we all knew based on when he was here before.

I said when he signed or was rumoured to be coming here - I just could not see how he would fit MK's preferred style of play. And I still can't.

To bring the best out of him we need much better wide play with crosses coming in from the by-line - similar to Bishop and Hackett's goals against Wycombe. Or we need through balls played in behind for Walker to run on to.

Other than those two Danny crosses against Wycombe (which have not been repeated in any other game) and the very occasional cross from Brown, I can't recall anything this season that played to Walker's strengths.

Until we progress our game to a different level therefore, its always House to start for me - with Walker coming on late in the game.

I think the back 2 thirds picks itself.
In the final third, House ahead of Walker as the only change. Assuming Mandriou is fit.

I'd like to see the Millwall lad but nobody across the back deserves to miss out.

1-0 to the mighty Imps

I would like to see the starting eleven as sedgleyimp has predicted and think we can win it 2-0 with the impact subs being used mid way in the second half.