Blackburn | Vital Football

Blackburn

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Looks like their reserves were miles better than ours. Given the gulf between the clubs I guess it is to be expected though it would have been nice to score a goal. Ah well, another tough fixture coming up on Saturday and not much cause to be optimistic. Still, its early days and this new squad will eventually gell and there may even be a new signing or two.

The defeat of itself isn't that surprising or disappointing. However, the lack of goal threat is cause for concern IMO.
As things stand can't see Pools scoring on Saturday and so the only hope is for another goalless draw.

Without being too pessimistic at such an early stage of the season I do feel that without some further additions to the squad in terms of creativity and scoring we'll be in for a long frustrating / worrying season.

Yes, the need for a creative player or two seems obvious. Umerah has had a lot of praise but he needs someone to create scoring chances, he cant do it all by himself. We are told the club is working hard to bring new players in, so lets hope it is sooner rather than later. As I said above as far as the Northampton game is concerned, I cant think of a reason to be optimistic.