Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments | Vital Football

Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
I can never think of Forest, without having my mind go back to their glory days under the late Brian Clough and their success not only domestically, but on the European stage too. Like us, those days are long gone and the likes of signing Trevor Francis as the first £1m footballer and Peter Shilton, they most expensive keeper at that time, are distant memories.

Again like us they had a brief look at life in the third tier, but are now established in the second tier again and are flirting with the play offs. Having played out a 1-1 draw at Ewood, back in October and with 4 points separating us in the league, this would suggest a close game. I can't help feeling though, that we are about to go on another one of those frustrating runs, where we simply can't buy a win.

The last 3 games have all suggested that we are going to struggle in this one and the bookmakers have us down to lose it. My prediction is a 2-0 defeat and given that would create a gap of 7 between us and them, could be the last time this season, we think we are in with a shout of the play offs.

From memory there was a horrible home defeat to them in 1999 which led to Kidd's "rubber dinghy men " outburst; I think we all knew that day we were going to go down. I saw us lose at Forest in the mid 1970s in the season they were promoted to the top flight under Clough; they were way better than us.

Think we've won both games we've played there under Mowbray.

I predict another 5+ changes and another defeat. Would love to be surprised by the latter but I just can’t see it.

We'll get beaten, comfortably too.

This is the time to release the beast, step forward ben brereton, he`ll be like a rampaging water buffalo dribbling through the forest defence like tom finney on acid, mark my words, this is the beginning of his rovers stardom.

Bizarrely i think we`ll get something out of this one, forest are also a weedy side and like to pass it sideways, they are much like ourselves style wise, I'm predicting a 1-1 draw.

I dread this game it could well be the pasting we don’t want sadly. In 11 home games they’ve only scored 11 and conceded 11 (4 of which were in one half to Sheff Weds the other week).
So I’ll go for a drab affair ending 1-0 to them.

If Forest have done their research they'll just pick a physical side and out muscle us.

I'll be amazed if today isnt the most comfortable 90 minutes that Forest have all season, we have reverted back to type until probably March now when we'll probably win 3 in a row and everything will be rosy again.

The lack of faith in Mowbray and the team is apparent and it's difficult to argue with. These fallow periods which have been a constant in Mowbrays tenure are depressing. To add some balance we can also go on winning/unbeaten runs too but this aspect of Mowbrays management is really frustrating and it's during the poor runs that the apathy towards him increasingly grows. Personally I am traveling down in a forlorn hope that we can win but being realistic I expect a defeat and lots of excuses about injuries and tiredness.

The tombola strikes again. The bloke hasn’t the foggiest as to his best 11.

No goals in our team at all.

Sow playing for Forest, back from injury. Forest fans seemed to think their game might hinge on him.

Hope today is the day Brereton turns a corner as well.

If he isn't up for this one he will never be.

28 changes in 5 games!!!

On the plus side Forest seem like they aren't that interested in pressing us. We might be able to pass it a bit.

We'll be sussed out by the 15 min mark and it will all go pear shaped.

Got away with one there. Free header!

Some good hold up play from brereton...every little thing he does well makes us proud

He's been brilliant so far. He hasn't even fallen over yet.

1-0 Forest. Happy New Year.

What the absolute fuck was that!!!

Super fuking keeping.

Unbelievable again! Lolley the cheating scrote scores against us again!

Keeper must be our number 1 priority in January.

Piss off walton - please red card him ref.

Deary deary me. This keepers a fuckin idiot.

Single handedly 2 Walton blunders in 2 mins!

They have created nothing and we are 2 down in 25 mins. Soft as shit. God old Ben, never quite gets to the ball but he tried, poor lamb.

Don't worry folks Forest don't score many goals.

This is gonna get embarassing. Bennett is yet to make his "contribution" to Forest scoreline.

Why did Forest make a sub? Tactical or enforced?

Enforced. He split his sides laughing at Walton.

I make it 8 league goals in that 11 currently on the pitch. Grabban for them has 13.

We've literally gifted them the win. After just 25 fucking minutes.

We've probably been the better team on the ball. But what's the point if you can't score and give goals away. Edit - annnd we score a beaut!

Get in - nice finish by Downing.

Definite handball there missed by the ref.

Clear Pen.

How the fuck has Evans not equalised there?

Brereton has easily had his best game for us but we still need Graham on. Downing has been exceptional. Forest are dropping off...could get something from this.

Best game??? Well I suppose he has just won us a free kick on the half way line. You don’t get much for £7million these days .... and we bloody haven’t!!

I think Forest have lost their discipline and it's helping us out. Standard 2 goal up complacency.

Half the Forest team look to be carrying knocks.

Not sure he’s good at anything - and that’s not being unkind. Not strong, not quick, not a good finisher, doesn’t hold it up that well. What an earth have we bought for £7 million Mowbray?

There's definitely something in this game for us now, Forest looked really nervy after conceding, how are they 5th?

It just shows that there are no amazing teams. Just need consistency. Not our type of consistency where we either consistently win or go bust and consistently lose.

Totally dominated first 10 mins of second half, Forest have one attack and we concede...

Fuck off.

Christ a slug moves quicker than downing, Ameobi embarrisingly went past him there.

Get in - 3-2 own goal, our leading scorer from earlier in the season is back.

Forest are so shit.

How are we losing to this forrest team?

It's been a spirited comeback but with nothing to show for it.

Not having a go but I dont see going from 2-0 to 2-1 and from 3-1 to 3-2 as a comeback.

Same shite, just another day.

Forest were pretty shit weren't they? You can see why they took a couple of absolute batterings recently. They looked really relieved to win. We gifted them goals. I think they only had one other decent chance (a header).

Very odd game... We totally dominated and should have won easily on territory and possession. After the 30th minute Forest let us have the ball over and over again, and we used it pretty well through the middle and out wide.

That said in both boxes we were abysmal. All 3 of their goals were easily preventable. With better finishing they would have scored 5. In their box while we created chance after chance no one got on the end of them, or if they did they couldn't finish Downing apart.

Sort of game which you would be disappointed by but take a lot of encouragement from early in a managers reign as you would see the poor defending and finishing as "fixable problems". But we've seen this so many times, and Mowbray does not seem to have an effective plan to remediate.

They gave us 1 goal we gave em bloody 3!

We were a bit better than the Wigan game, managed 3 goals and arguably we gifted them both of theirs otherwise they created little. When did we take a few batterings, Wednesday is our only one all season score wise anyway?

Back to back home games over Christmas & New Year period, but Wigan & Blackburn brought less than 1500 fans combined for these games (500 less than we took to Hull Boxing Day)!

We ought to limit away fans for such teams, shove them even further into the corner & give some of that unused away allocation to local schools!

What took so long? Joe Baker had these comments up on COYR Forum at 11pm last night.

I never post that night as lads who went to the game are sometimes out on the pop and don't post till late or the next morning.

It's super cute you chaps stole my idea and appointed someone to carry it out though. Better than just copying and pasting my threads as you used to.

Don't suppose anyone on here was in the Trent End at the same time as me when Brian Douglas ripped the whole of our defence a new arse hole? We lost 7 nil I think it was and should have been a new post war first division scoring record.

Cheers CP. Nothing much to argue about in there. The slightly less shit side won. We really need that January overhaul.

Just hope the 3 wins on the bounce haven’t masked the issues in the eyes of the boardroom.

Cheers CP. Nothing much to argue about in there. The slightly less shit side won. We really need that January overhaul.

Just hope the 3 wins on the bounce haven’t masked the issues in the eyes of the boardroom.
Don't suppose anyone on here was in the Trent End at the same time as me when Brian Douglas ripped the whole of our defence a new arse hole? We lost 7 nil I think it was and should have been a new post war first division scoring record.

Didn't he play 60+ years ago?

They haven't!

Sabri has been very clear about his needs for the squad and those players that he does not want.

Looking at some of the recent results - yet again, demonstrating the competitive nature of the Championship - plenty of teams will need to strengthen and there is a long way to go!

Would have been 62/3 season. My first year as a supporter. Everton ( Alex Young of golden vision fame ) won the league that year.

Yes I think I may have been at this game, not in the Trent End though.
I was in the East Stand, I remember a heavy defeat against Blackburn, it was something like 7-0 or 8-0.
The date seems about right.
I remember the Quartered Shirts

Last edited: