Blackburn away, fa cup 5th round | Page 3 | Vital Football

Blackburn away, fa cup 5th round

Don't think I've ever been as unhappy with a win. Didn't deserve it. It papers over cracks. Prolongs a cup we won't win. Puts more pressure on the squad. Genuinely not many positives

Blackburn had nowt to lose in that game so played with no pressure on them whatsover whilst our lack of confidence was evident throughout.

Far too many times in my life have I seen us batter teams and still lose, so maybe tonight you could argue that we deserved to go out but we haven't not to mention win a penalty shoot out which is a rare thing for us.

It's a kick up the arse to an extent and we get the chance to progress (at Liverpool away no doubt). It would be quite ironic for many calling for Howe's head if he did win this cup.

On the whole, I think the season was always going to stagnate with the chop and change that has had to be done due to injuries etc. Maybe Howe's inexperience has told at times but I still expect lessons to have been learned to go into next season in which I reckon we'll be massively improved and I think the regime will give him that time to try and prove it. Whether some like it or not.

We will be out of the cup as soon as we meet a decent side, and will finish midtable.
Would you trust Howe with the transfer kitty, I would not but perhaps it will take a disappointing start to next season to see him go.
Too many players need replacing and it will be a slow process. Wilson, Burn, Trippier, Longstaffe, Almiron, Murphy, Lascelles to name a few.
Will the Saudis give Howe time, who knows.
A win is a win, but I am not impressed with a penalty shootout against a side 4 points above the relegation zone in The Championship

Blackburn had nowt to lose in that game so played with no pressure on them whatsover whilst our lack of confidence was evident throughout.

Far too many times in my life have I seen us batter teams and still lose, so maybe tonight you could argue that we deserved to go out but we haven't not to mention win a penalty shoot out which is a rare thing for us.

It's a kick up the arse to an extent and we get the chance to progress (at Liverpool away no doubt). It would be quite ironic for many calling for Howe's head if he did win this cup.

On the whole, I think the season was always going to stagnate with the chop and change that has had to be done due to injuries etc. Maybe Howe's inexperience has told at times but I still expect lessons to have been learned to go into next season in which I reckon we'll be massively improved and I think the regime will give him that time to try and prove it. Whether some like it or not.

It's not a case of liking it or not TNMW, I'm not calling for the guy to get the push (not yet anyway) I am however beginning to question whether he has reached the peak of his ability and if he's the man to take us forwards.

As Owl says we have a horrendous amount of past their best players to move out, most of which are on stupidly long contracts a la Fcb. Notna quick process unfortunately.

Oh fuck knows what I mean, it's all just incredibly frustrating

Howe doesn't seem to have much control other than picking the team. He may well "ok" some transfers but I don't think he's getting a lot of input there either.

In Howe's defence I think the ownership kind of hung him out to dry that last transfer window by not backing him. Time will tell if he's backed this summer but like has been previously said - has he reached his limit? How many English managers are managing in the PL now? When was the last World class English manager? Unfortunately English managers don't make it to the elite any more.

Which kind of tells you we will have to look elsewhere to go to the next level. I genuinely thought watching Eddie's interviews when he first joined that he was constantly learning. Took time out of the game to pick up different methods etc. Maybe being back in the game he doesn't have the same free time to actively look. Either way the biggest flaw I can see is that he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Either that or he's too stubborn to change which isn't good either. We've pretty much had the same players and formation for best part of 2 years now. What I don't get is why the players aren't pressing any more.

Maybe the players are too knackered to? If injuries settle down, performances should start to improve.

I'm presuming we couldn't buy anyone recently due to ffp.

Only 8 balls and if no 1 ball was a lot warmer than the others you would suspect it would be easy to manipulate, allegedly

It's the fa cup you should be prepared to meet anyone. Cannot keep avoiding good sides
That's it for the season
Never mind, we are not good enough anyway but next season, who knows?

Maybe the players are too knackered to? If injuries settle down, performances should start to improve.

I'm presuming we couldn't buy anyone recently due to ffp.
Do these "knackered" players include the lads who have just had like 6 months off with the best medical care etc etc money can buy?

Reactions: Rza
One would presume so. Whom would you replace with whom?
We have cover in pretty much every position now. We just bought a lad from Man City as well who I assume has come because of first team opportunities that he wouldn't get at man City. We also have Minteh who has been playing brilliant for feyenoord.