BK speaks | Vital Football

BK speaks

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So he has spoken for the first time....

He has said he will not make any decisions on DW as he needs time to asses everything first (you'd have thought he'd have done this, the league table shows him the situation and the results/performances too).

Anyway here is what he had to say:

'Look I think it's clear that we've been in a really challenging period; there is no doubt about that. Everyone has been disappointed and frustrated about it. Results and performances haven't been where anyone wants or expects them to be.'

'That is where my first focus is now - it's trying to provide an impact for the men's senior team. I'm here now on the ground and I've been in the building for 24 hours. That is going to take some time. There is a process there for me to get to understand the context and see the way people work and interact. I have the benefit of coming in with a fresh perspective.'

"Hopefully, over the coming weeks, I can get that bit of information that, unfortunately I haven't been able to get from an external perspective. Of course, I've been following closely from afar, having lots of conversations and looking at lots of information, but there is nothing like being here on the ground and getting a feel by seeing it with your own eyes.'

'That is going to take some time. That's where my focus is going to hopefully be in a position then to have clarity on where exactly where I think we can improve, get better and where we may or may not need to make changes. That is my focus to begin with.'

BK has been on conversation with DW around his situation and the results but says he has been impressed with those conversations and the talks have been very positive. But he will now observe him on the training pitch.

'I've had numerous and really really positive conversations with David (Wagner) before I came here and yesterday as well. That process is ongoing, I've watched one training session and some of the players are away on international breaks but you can still get a look and a feel. It's probably slightly different from when everyone is back here in a typical game week prep. Those conversations have been very good though. It's different when you're talking versus actually watching and seeing what it looks like for real. That process can now start and I'm looking forward to doing that. It's great to be here and I'm looking forward to getting going.'

So DW is staying as BK needs to see him training with all the players and that can't be done until players back from international break.

One win in 10 is good enough. It sounds like BK wouldn't have even acted if we'd lost against Cardiff as BK says that he has had great chats with him, needs time to asses things and see DW on the training pitch. This club

I don't remember him complimenting the fans when he was talking up the club and the city. Maybe SW has said to him the fans are scum

Another yes man, he wouldnt have been brought in if he was anything different. Most owners like theyre manager but if the results are horrific as ours are, then they should still get fired, why does he need to see it on a training pitch? The two are wholly different, im sure onel looks like Ronaldo when trains against gibshit & co, but put him in a match a you see the reality. Why waste time??a new manager could of had the international break to come in and get settled, weve now lost that opportunity so now BK can have a ‘look’ for himself at the shit show close up rather than sit in his london office before he came and very quickly work out like the rest of the world that this is totally unacceptable for a very long time now and doesbt get anywhere near delias own shit top 26 in the country!

I would have been impressed if he had come in and fired the failing DW and had a good manager already to appoint.
Instead he has followed the Smiff's line of accepting mediocrity until the fans get so pi**ed off they almost force out the manager against the instinct of owners who treat failing staff as chums.

Having said that if he had voiced his intentions of removing failing staff, he would not have been offered the job anyway.

Probably didnt want to start his tenure in spending lots of dough in compensation for firing and anyhow he didnt have the tenure as he hadnt officially started to pick up his broom.

Reactions: Rex
If that is the case (and I am pretty sure it is), it still puzzles me that she allowed Farke to be sacked.

I shudder when even thinking about the Smiffs decision making processes. I suppose they employ someone to do the hiring and firing and maybe leave them to it BUT they never make decisions on firing the person who makes the decisions.
Mc Nasty had enough and walked. Webber milked the job for his own future ambitions until his stock dropped to a low point and also walked.
We may have a long time for the young BK to walk.
He will either be successful and move on or fail and take ages to leave.