birthday cards for the wife | Vital Football

birthday cards for the wife

The pledge

Vital Reserves Team
when I look for a card I concentrate on the nice picture on the front and the fact it says a few words inside. Price not too cheap and not a red envelope as that shouts out "cheap".
This year I picked a card with 2 pages of writing , had a quick read nothing too gushy. The wife was delighted spent ages reading the words and looking at the picture. "look at the lovely tulips u are so thoughtful ". And "the words are wonderful thank u i love u very much, do u mean all that ".
That's when it went wrong i said " what does it say i cant remember, men usually just look at the nice picture". As a result 3 days in the doghouse and quite a bit of money to get back in her good book.
Is price , words or picture what u look at ?

when I look for a card I concentrate on the nice picture on the front and the fact it says a few words inside. Price not too cheap and not a red envelope as that shouts out "cheap".
This year I picked a card with 2 pages of writing , had a quick read nothing too gushy. The wife was delighted spent ages reading the words and looking at the picture. "look at the lovely tulips u are so thoughtful ". And "the words are wonderful thank u i love u very much, do u mean all that ".
That's when it went wrong i said " what does it say i cant remember, men usually just look at the nice picture". As a result 3 days in the doghouse and quite a bit of money to get back in her good book.
Big mistake not to say immediately "yes of course" and give her a hug.Doghouse risk averted! I find that giving the occasional card (with a few self penned words) but for no specific reason works wonders. Kept romance well and truly alive for me for 15 years.

One other important thing: never give her a "humorous" card for ANY occasion.

U made a big mistake. Shouldhave just said ' yeah i meant all them words u know how much u mean 2 me.' What did u do 2 win her back mate?

Big mistake not to say immediately "yes of course" and give her a hug.Doghouse risk averted! I find that giving the occasional card (with a few self penned words) but for no specific reason works wonders. Kept romance well and truly alive for me for 15 years.

One other important thing: never give her a "humorous" card for ANY occasion.

Nice one , I'm taking notes this end.
It's easy to get a bit lazy/predictable as the years tick by.

I usually get my cards from Moonpig and copy & paste a love poem from the net. I do read it first though!

Cost? £1.39 from Card Factory is plenty. Missus would rather money was spent on us going out. Lasted 36 years so far (somehow).

My birthday card (or was it valentine's?!) from the misses read: "Even when you find someone irritating you can still love them...

...You taught me that!"