Birmingham on Friday | Vital Football

Birmingham on Friday

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
What are thinking Jack's for Friday night? Can we make it 3 from 3 and 9 points on the board?

Not sure how good (or bad) Birmingham are but they've not a game yet.

Expect same side as we're not exactly blessed with depth although I already think Asoro's place is up for grabs.

I really don’t know what to make of Swans chances. If you’d asked me a few months ago and read out the team sheet then I would have said no chance. Playing four Academy players, playing the third choice goalkeeper after selling Fabs and with Nordfelt injured, and three of our four central defenders departed.
Yet the team Potter has assembled are full of skill determination and enthusiasm, and having won their first two games has given them the confidence to go with these attributes.
It will be a tough game with Brum looking for their first win and a hostile crowd behind them, but I’m hoping Potter will work his magic once again.

Well the Blues certainly gave us a hard game. A high press, no time on the ball, midfield overrun, we should have been beaten out of sight first half as we were cruelly exposed by an average Birmingham side looking for their first win of the season.
Despite 69% possession we could do nothing with it, not one shot on target, and it was a relief to hear the final whistle, and steal the draw.
No blame attached to Potter, as he can only work with what he’s got, but if the Board think they can get rid of 16 players, fill the team with Academy players and survive in this league then they’re going to have a rude awakening.
We badly need reinforcements but i’m not holding my breath that we’ll get them.

We've got 7 points in 9 but can't help but feel that we're papering over cracks here. We were under pressure against Preston as well and had to hold on. When we face the better sides in the Division we really will struggle, starting on Tuesday against Leeds. The team is nowhere near good enough and it won't take long before we see that in results, when tiredness and fatigue kicks in.