Birmingham History Thread - then and now | Page 24 | Vital Football

Birmingham History Thread - then and now

I remember going to Lewis's in the '60s to see Father Christmas and watching the original Sooty show with Harry Corbett at my dad's children's Christmas party at the Lucas factory, Formans Rd.......Happy days.

My Mom and Dad always used to take me to see Santa at Lewis's. Always used to love the Christmas parties both my Mom and Dad's works used to have for the kids.

I always look at old videos of Birmingham city centre to see if I am in any without realising I was being filmed at the time!

Seeing this really does bring back old, and generally happy memories of when I was growing up and going into town, now sadly gone and will never be the same again.

Last edited:
Many happy hours as a kid fishing Salford Park lake.

funny i spent many hours, looking out of the kitchen window on the 8th floor, overlooking salford park, watching spaghetti junction been built i think it was called boulton point, rent was a fiver which included heating and hot water and 3 beds it was our first home and the 2 girls were born there, of course i went on to be the man that i am and now we own a 1 bed mews seanie