Biggest game of the season for Sheffield United tomorrow | Vital Football

Biggest game of the season for Sheffield United tomorrow

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
According to Chris Wilder, their manager in an interview I saw. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to transfer it onto this post. On answering a question from the interviewer re will he be giving players a rest due to the hectic Xmas schedule, he answered that they've not had a hectic Xmas, it's their job, and he will be playing his strongest possible team. They got to the semi-final last year and he wants them to do at least that again.

Quite common for teams in a relegation battle to have a decent cup run. Clemence has a cunning plan though and it's almost a freebie for us. They should be nervous.

Biggest game of the season is bizarre unless he's given up on Premier survival already. You would think games against the team fourth from bottom would be much bigger.

To be fair they may as well concede defeat on premier league survival, it would need some change of form to have any chance of even making a fight of it.

There strongest team should be too strong for us, as should their weakest. It may come down to who wants it more. We clearly did against Charlton but didn't look that way against Newport, Bradford or Crawley.

Free hit for us so I'm going to enjoy a full house, the atmosphere and the belief that all of that will be like a drug for the Galinsons who will want more and they have the power (money) to help increase the probability of success on the pitch. They've had a great first year in charge and I firmly believe there is more to come.