Big Vic | Vital Football

Big Vic

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
One of the journos on the Sunday Supp this morning hinted that we may not see Big Vic at all this season.
I've seen these rumours elsewhere recently , anyone know the facts ?

If there's rumours it's probably true, especially coming from a known journalist. As much as we probably miss him a bit so long as the rest of the CM's and CB's stay fit it shouldn't be a massive loss.

Lloris, Jan, Toby, Sanchez, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane.

If they stay fit we should be ok, one or more gets injured for a long period we are in ****.

Him and Moose were like a brick wall together last season and were a massive reason we finished 2nd. If he is out for the whole season it really is a major loss. Him, Rose, Lamela all out long term. I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with these long term injuries.

I thought Dier would improve and show the form of two years ago but he hasn't. I would sell him next summer. He looks disinterested to me.

Who would teams rather play against? Dier, Sissoko/Winks or Wana and Dembele? Only one winner really.

Havent missed him tbh, Dembo is the missing piece in midfield.

But being left without cover is worrying, and really should indicate to the 'push on all 4 fronts' brigade how dangerous that approach really is.

Real Deal - 29/10/2017 16:09

Him and Moose were like a brick wall together last season and were a massive reason we finished 2nd. If he is out for the whole season it really is a major loss. Him, Rose, Lamela all out long term. I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with these long term injuries.

I thought Dier would improve and show the form of two years ago but he hasn't. I would sell him next summer. He looks disinterested to me.

Who would teams rather play against? Dier, Sissoko/Winks or Wana and Dembele? Only one winner really.

Yep, a massive reason we finished 2nd and a significant absentee if the rumour is true. As for Lamela we finished second and were first across several categories last season without him. You can add him to the Dier, Sissoko, Winks class who other teams would rather play against.

Players get injured and the next option is invariably not as good . Winks is young and recognised as being one for the future and a different type of player to Wanyama and Dembele. Beasts like these 2 don't grow on trees. Sanchez could be the next one maybe ?
I think we mostly accept Dembo as being a bit of a luxury a bit like Ledley now. You make the most of him when fit. The time could come though when playing him diverts from the way we play without him. Instead of looking back at how he was , maybe look forward to filling the gap he leaves.

If you look at what Dembo does , what does he provide.? No goals, not many assists. He sets a tempo, he drives forward if he can, he passes into dangerous areas to players supporting his run to take over into the final push into the box. He can take out 2 or 3 players in quick succession which is going to free up space for one of our attackers.

You can't replace him that easy. So have to search for other ways.

Not sure why Winks is considered “one for the future”. He has arrived and is making some of the more senior players look very ordinary indeed...Alli, you know who I mean. I love watching Dembele play but he rarely has an end product, holding the ball too long and rarely shooting. Wanyama is different. Last season his ability to read the game and stop the opposition in their tracks was outstanding and he was beginning to add an attacking dimension to his game. Winks is the nearest to both Dembele and a Wanyama that we have. The problem is Dier like a Alli has lost his way and doesn’t look like coming back. He reminds me a lot of Jenas...you know he was on the pitch but can’t remember if he did anything.

Dier was outstanding before and after his error.

We miss Wanyama though. He kills attacks further up the pitch.

We had our chances. Dele and Son should have scored.

Nick Real Deal - 30/10/2017 11:15

Players get injured and the next option is invariably not as good . Winks is young and recognised as being one for the future and a different type of player to Wanyama and Dembele. Beasts like these 2 don't grow on trees. Sanchez could be the next one maybe ?
I think we mostly accept Dembo as being a bit of a luxury a bit like Ledley now. You make the most of him when fit. The time could come though when playing him diverts from the way we play without him. Instead of looking back at how he was , maybe look forward to filling the gap he leaves.

If you look at what Dembo does , what does he provide.? No goals, not many assists. He sets a tempo, he drives forward if he can, he passes into dangerous areas to players supporting his run to take over into the final push into the box. He can take out 2 or 3 players in quick succession which is going to free up space for one of our attackers.

You can't replace him that easy. So have to search for other ways.

You missed out he is top notch defensively. Not much gets passed him. He always nicks the ball all over the pitch. Plenty of spurs players have said he is our best player. Impossible player to replace really.

I'm not a fan of 3 CB's. Too negative. So maybe Sanchez could become more of a DM if needed.