Big News Today? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Big News Today?

Almost 1M investment from USA announced. Former US international Landon Donovan (great player on CM 01/02) and business man Harvey Labara? (apologies if name spelling wrong) behind the funds.

Trailed as 9% share of the club.

Interesting that Landon is shown on (the trustworthy) Wiki as being part of a majority Swansea City ownership group as of 2016. I wonder what the situation is/was there.

Donovan:
“I’ve fallen in love with the club through this (investment) process,” says Donovan. “I’ve watched 13 of their last 14 matches and had numerous calls with (chief executive) Liam Scully, (director of football) Jez George and Clive; just getting to know the club.

“My role is if — at any point, in any way — they need help, then I’m happy to try to help but you don’t come into a club that’s been this successful and pretend that you have much to add. I’m more of a fan and am happy to have helped, in a small way, to get this over the line.”

Could that mean Lincoln and the Loyal swapping players?

“Absolutely, yeah — I’m always battering Liam and Jez about potential opportunities in the future,” added the United States’ joint-highest all-time goalscorer.

Given the time and due diligence Clive and the board have put into this, this can only be good for the club.

Welcome aboard HJ-LCFC and all who sail in her!