Big crowd expected tomorrow | Vital Football

Big crowd expected tomorrow

madrid_gill

Vital 1st Team Regular
According to the club's Facebook page:

"Due to the fact we are expecting a high attendance tomorrow, we kindly ask that all supporters allow an extra five or ten minutes to get into the stadium so necessary security checks can be carried out.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter"

Sounds promising (in terms of attendance, not in terms of chaos at the turnstiles)

Prediction: People will turn up normal time and will moan that they missed the first few minutes of the match and for Scally to sort it out.

The club are probably concerned about the Scally Out banner seen at Wigan and want to make sure nothing similar gets into Priestfield!

Lark - 9/2/2018 17:35

The club are probably concerned about the Scally Out banner seen at Wigan and want to make sure nothing similar gets into Priestfield!

Think you?re putting two and two together there.
There were delays getting into the ground at the last home game, for which there were a few moans. We are expecting a larger attendance tomorrow (7,000 according to the club?s Twitter).

It?s also not the first time this season we?ve been asked to turn up earlier than usual.

1 - at the moment they would be in a very small minority

2 - PS would not give a toss, actually makes him laugh sometimes

Good to see the potential for a decent crowd. Mind you fair play to Notts Country for their promotion last week - they got 17K into meadow lane.

Lets hope we get another good show tomorrow as that should encourage a few to come again when the prices go back up.

I actually have a couple of spares at face value if anyone is interested

nibbles - 9/2/2018 18:30

Think you?re putting two and two together there.
There were delays getting into the ground at the last home game, for which there were a few moans. We are expecting a larger attendance tomorrow (7,000 according to the club?s Twitter).

It?s also not the first time this season we?ve been asked to turn up earlier than usual.
I think (hope) he was only joking. Besides, I'm guessing those organising any plane banner may be already banned from Priestfield, probably explaining such an anger towards Scally.

I'll just stay up the pub and turn up late. Bollocks to all this queuing lark, if I wanted to do that, I'd support a big club.

Win or lose, there's always booze.

RotherhitheGill - 9/2/2018 20:16

I'll just stay up the pub and turn up late. Bollocks to all this queuing lark, if I wanted to do that, I'd support a big club.

Win or lose, there's always booze.

Haha not a bad shout. Missed kick-off last game after queuing for 15 mins whilst they searched for guns/bottles of Fanta with lids on. Either get there early and miss out on the booze or get there late with another pint down you. I don't know what we are going to do when we get our new stadium with 20k going to games. Have to start queuing up on a Thursday evening.