Betfred Cup | Vital Football

Betfred Cup

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
The defence of the Betfred cup gets under way today away to Partick Thistle.

Today's team:

Bain
Gamboa - Hendry - Ajer - Izaguirre
Brown - Ntcham
Johnston - Rogic - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: Gordon, Simunovic, Lustig, Hayes, Forrest, McGregor, Dembele

It's interesting to see so many changes but it's good as well. Izaguirre and Gamboa are the real concerns, how fit are they and what will their form be like? Meanwhile it's great to see Johnston coming in to give Forrest a rest and let us see what he can do. Scott Sinclair needs to take confidence from the Athens game and his goal and use that to really kick on and show us he's still the player we saw 2 years ago!

GOAL! Griffiths! 1-0!
Throw-in on the left taken by Izaguirre to Ntcham, weho plys it in to the edge of the box to Sinclair who spins his man to the byline and heads towards goal and cleverly cuts it back toward the penalty spot where Griffiths strikes it hard and low to go under the keeper!

So Denayer is not coming, which I expected. He bad-mouthed the SPL when he left. So who now, Wee Od? Any good scouting reports?

Yes, Sinclair is looking good. I like giving Gamboa a shot. If he can become a starter, perhps we move Lustig to CB. His best days as a fullback are behind him.

So Denayer is not coming, which I expected. He bad-mouthed the SPL when he left. So who now, Wee Od? Any good scouting reports?
Victor Nelsson - 19 year old Danish player. Young but 2 full seasons under his belt now and the start of this season has seen him play in European competition qualifiers. His club Nordsjaelland are out of Europe now and not had a great start to the season but then the club seems to be going through a bit of a change at the moment, very very young. 25 players in the squad and the eldest is 27, average age is 21.3! I think Nelsson is a talent and would suit us perfectly!

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.27%"><iframe src="
" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Victor Nelsson - 19 year old Danish player. Young but 2 full seasons under his belt now and the start of this season has seen him play in European competition qualifiers. His club Nordsjaelland are out of Europe now and not had a great start to the season but then the club seems to be going through a bit of a change at the moment, very very young. 25 players in the squad and the eldest is 27, average age is 21.3! I think Nelsson is a talent and would suit us perfectly!

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.27%"><iframe src="
" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
But can he have an immediately impact? I like Declan Rice from the Republic.

But can he have an immediately impact? I like Declan Rice from the Republic.
I don't see why not! We'll NEVER be able to afford Declan Rice mate......
Boyata's value is £1.8m yet we're expecting over £10m in transfer fee, when he only has 12 months left on his contract.....it depends who you're buying from and whether or not they NEED to sell and what they're experience is like but there's a lot of defenders out there that we simply can't afford!

Thanks fuck! Finally someone decided to take on their man and run into the box. Gamboa with a great run and a nice pass into Dembele, who is on the mark. 2-1! Good work by Gamboa.

Ntcham off and McGregor on.

Latest Celtic News