Best Team So Far. | Vital Football

Best Team So Far.

LSB2

Vital Football Hero
I was thinking (makes a change lol) out of all the teams that are through to the 2nd round of the WC, who is the best team we've seen? I was going to do a table, but even though I've seen around 90% of the games, I still couldn't do that (yes, I've been recording games when others have been on at the same time) It is really difficult, as all the teams have played different oppositions. But so far, I think the best team has been Croatia. I do feel that most of the top teams have been poor, but then things always change after the group stages...

What's your view VG? ;-)

Uruguay quietly going about their business. Three wins, no goals conceded.

Croatia and Belgium as mentioned.

Colombia when playing with 11 men. We'll not have it easy against them although if they're without Rodriguez their threat is slightly muted.

I'd go along with Croatia too. Belgium have done alright, and I think some of the football England played in the first 2 games has been as good as anything I've seen from anyone else in the tournament (admittedly against fairly weak opposition, but the same goes for Belgium).

Not really been impressed by any of the supposedly bigger sides. Brazil looked pretty ordinary to me. France have some fantastic players but don't seem to be able to work as a team. Spain and Portugal played out a mini-classic against each other but struggled badly against Morocco and Iran. Argentina were torn apart by Croatia and are lucky to still be here. And then there's Germany :lol:

It's quite probable that sides like Brazil and Argentina will quietly go about their game and go up a notch or two each time out. England need to do the same. Just win the next game no mater how ugly.