Best squad in the league? | Vital Football

Best squad in the league?

We have brilliant options in goal and the centre of midfield, as well as a high quality forward pairing. The defence is obviously still a real worry and the likes of Campbell and Snijders show lots of promise out wide. We have lots of players that many teams in this division would love to have but we still really need to click. Are we one of the best squads in the league? We might not be showing it yet but we certainly have the potential so I suppose time will tell.

uysapie - 3/9/2015 02:49

Possibly on paper but as yet we do not have the best team in the league.

And that's the point. Still, there's no denying this squad has bags of potential and it would be disappointing if we weren't challenging for a play-off spot by the end of the season. For disappointing read criminal negligence!

Elite_pie - 3/9/2015 03:23

There are far too many unknowns to pass judgement on how strong our squad is yet.

Not sure about that, Elite. I guess ultimately 'strength' is measured by what players achieve and not what they promise and in that sense you're right, but it's also fair to say that we promise a lot, i.e. we *look* like (one of) the best squads in the league.

So we're like Turkish Delight at the moment. I think 10-12 games will give
us ( and RM) a better idea of where we're heading.