Best series currently on terrestrial tv | Page 2 | Vital Football

Best series currently on terrestrial tv

Good result with what looked like very sparse evidence, good job all round. I recognised your mate from my many visits to Walworth Road and Peckham nicks whilst on a previous department.
Did you see the ITV Tonight programme regarding the increase in violence towards Police? Some shocking stories about attacks on officers leading to the discussion about Taser. Also had the obligatory voice from Amnesty International with the usual inaccurate bs about how it is a lethal weapon and it has killed x number if people blah blah. Boiled my pi** at the end of what was, until that moment, an excellent but too short piece of reporting.

I see His Dark Materials begins on BBC shortly. I remember reading the books as a kid. The Daniel Craig movie wasn’t dreadful but left it a bit short.

I see His Dark Materials begins on BBC shortly. I remember reading the books as a kid. The Daniel Craig movie wasn’t dreadful but left it a bit short.

BBC have thrown a lot of money at this and from the trailers it looks very well spent.
A return to proper 'family round the telly' viewing on a Sunday evening. Although I'm not so sure many households do that sort of thing anymore?

Saw a trailer for the new War if the worlds on BBC1 last night. Based on the original (set in Edwardian England) but with up to date effects and cgi, looks fantastic.

Last edited:
BBC have thrown a lot of money at this and from the trailers it looks very well spent.
A return to proper 'family round the telly' viewing on a Sunday evening. Although I'm not so sure many households do that sort of thing anymore?
The probable reason they don't is that there is bugger all worth watching any more. Once you remove Strictly Come Dancing, The Great British Bake-Off and Homes in the Country, or whatever it is called, you are basically left with the news.

Saw a trailer for the new War if the worlds on BBC1 last night. Based on the original (set in Victorian England) but with up to date effects and cgi, looks fantastic.

Was going to say... I hope it is closely based on the original HG Wells book and not the numerous inferior and bastardised Americanised versions we've seen in films and on the TV and radio for many years, where the feel is completely lost by replacing all of the original British references and places (I think even Chatham gets a name check) with Yank ones. Looks like this will rectify it.

Was going to say... I hope it is closely based on the original HG Wells book and not the numerous inferior and bastardised Americanised versions we've seen in films and on the TV and radio for many years, where the feel is completely lost by replacing all of the original British references and places (I think even Chatham gets a name check) with Yank ones. Looks like this will rectify it.

Agree! That Tom Cruise one annoyed the hell out of me.