Best series currently on terrestrial tv | Vital Football

Best series currently on terrestrial tv

Gills 58

Vital Champions League
The Met - policing London

Superb. Shows it just like it is. Doesn't dumb down like other "cop shows".

Fantastic episode tonight. In particular the Westminster team (CW) which my contact works in. Showed what I've been banging on about. Spending whole shifts trying to deal with the mentally ill. No health provision (Tory cuts) so police get lumbered. No cells to put them in (Johnson cutting stations in London when mayor), only Charing Cross left and it was full.

Female officer punched in face but mentally iĺl suspect not charged (pointless) and no provision available for her.

Cue repeat week after week. Meanwhile, not enoigh officers available to deal with actual criminals.

Now the public are heralding Johnson as the hero who wiĺl increase police numbers. Limited use if the other provisions aren't put in place but will get him votes. Utter p#ick.

Rant over.

Fantastic episode tonight. In particular the Westminster team (CW) which my contact works in. Showed what I've been banging on about. Spending whole shifts trying to deal with the mentally ill. No health provision (Tory cuts) so police get lumbered. No cells to put them in (Johnson cutting stations in London when mayor), only Charing Cross left and it was full.

Female officer punched in face but mentally iĺl suspect not charged (pointless) and no provision available for her.

Cue repeat week after week. Meanwhile, not enoigh officers available to deal with actual criminals.

Now the public are heralding Johnson as the hero who wiĺl increase police numbers. Limited use if the other provisions aren't put in place but will get him votes. Utter p#ick.

Rant over.
Did I mention that I was in it once? ??????

Joking aside, very good programme. The BBC were given unfettered access, none of it is edited by The Met (except to protect the innocent and where legalities require it), it's warts and all, good and bad. It's the only job related show I (and many of my colleagues) bother to watch.

I must be in a massive minority of people who haven't seen it. I think it's all on iPlayer now so must have a look. The clips I've seen do look good tbf
I came late to the party with peaky blinders and watched them all back to back a few months ago. I really liked the early series, but they got more and more desperate as they went on. With more and more ludacris story lines. At one point we are supposed to believe that this former small time city gangster is in the cabinet. Latter series just doesnt work for me, got bored halfway through. I prefer the smaller gang wars than the government wars, really.

I came late to the party with peaky blinders and watched them all back to back a few months ago. I really liked the early series, but they got more and more desperate as they went on. With more and more ludacris story lines. At one point we are supposed to believe that this former small time city gangster is in the cabinet. Latter series just doesnt work for me, got bored halfway through. I prefer the smaller gang wars than the government wars, really.

Agree AK. First 2 series brilliant. Went downhill a little after that although still enjoyable.

The latest series I also really liked (but it still has him in Parliament). The last episode of it was a bit lame tho.

Btw, plenty of crooks in Parliament so not completely unbelievable ?

Giri/Hagi

Tokyo looks fab. London looks amazing!
Great story too.

definitely looks good and the story line is very good .... it’s making me concentrate at the TV to see the subtitles which is a pain as I often like to read the paper whilst the TV is in the background.... not multi skilled unfortunately....

Rant over.

So basically, a thread started on the pretence that it's about the best programme on terrestrial television, when in fact what it's really about is just another excuse to start a thread slagging off the Tories and Johnson. Why not just do that on one of the already established such threads?

In terms of a genuine response to the original post topic, I'd say Peaky Blinders too, but it is starting to go downhill a bit and getting more ridiculous and fanciful. Still a cracking series, brilliantly directed and acted.

So basically, a thread started on the pretence that it's about the best programme on terrestrial television, when in fact what it's really about is just another excuse to start a thread slagging off the Tories and Johnson. Why not just do that on one of the already established such threads?

In terms of a genuine response to the original post topic, I'd say Peaky Blinders too, but it is starting to go downhill a bit and getting more ridiculous and fanciful. Still a cracking series, brilliantly directed and acted.
Yeah but it gave me the chance to remind everyone that I'm a policeman, did I mention that?

Lighten up Steve. Did you watch The Met? Really good television whatever your politics and certainly opened my eyes to some of the difficult situations facing the police.

Giri/Hagi & Spiral both very good.

I think ST is upset that a "leftie" can also be a big supporter of the police. It doesn't fit his agenda.

I did politicise it at the end but I also think it is a superb programme and the best on tv at the moment

Re Met Police programme tonight. A chap I know who lives in my street, Nigel Tolson, was the investigating officer in the murder conviction in Peckham. Well done him.

My street is full of present/ex old Bill it seems.